• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
From time to time, but not nearly as often as I used to.....

N

·
0 Posts
normal everyday cruising - hardly ever

weekend twisties - occasionally

·
Registered
759 Posts
(Almost) Never. Don't think I've ever hit the rev limiter either. What's the point? I'm no stranger to 12K, but that's about where I'll shift. Spend lots of time in third gear between 8K and 12K RPMs in the twistier stuff. Never do high speed runs either. 100+ indicated is all the faster I need to go (only when passing).

·
Registered
44 Posts
All the time for me. There are a lot of good roads in western Wis. that you are in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear run a run around 10,0000 all the way up to 15,000 RPM. In the twisties, I will keep the motor I the power-band.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Originally posted by Bigjimmerone
All the time for me. There are a lot of good roads in western Wis. that you are in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear run a run around 10,0000 all the way up to 15,000 RPM. In the twisties, I will keep the motor I the power-band.
YUP Wi has the alphabet roads and alot over by prescott. It seems they have redone the roads. Bigjimmerone do you ever visit mnsbr.com ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Everyday I ride to work the Rev Light is blinking at me at least 4-5 times a commute. 13k and then some .

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ever since I started getting pulled over it seems like all my favorite roads are always crawling with cops. I'm too freakin paranoid to hit 13k+ almost anywhere on the streets. I haven't gotten a ticket yet but I know if I'm up that high I'm already speeding in a big way... Just not worth the consequences to me any more. I think getting married took that out of me. On the track, now that's a different story.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by garry
(Almost) Never. Don't think I've ever hit the rev limiter either. What's the point? I'm no stranger to 12K, but that's about where I'll shift. Spend lots of time in third gear between 8K and 12K RPMs in the twistier stuff. Never do high speed runs either. 100+ indicated is all the faster I need to go (only when passing).
I'm not 100% sure what speed I'm at when I'm in 3rd gear between 8-12k rpms, but I know that's more than likely faster than any of the speed limits around here. Maybe not, but sure seems like it.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
normal everyday cruising - hardly ever

weekend twisties - occasionally
I voted Hardly Ever but this is more how I ride[8D]

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Every day - but only in first gear. I redline in 1st every single day on my commute because part of it involves a highway with some red lights. I either get first in line or lane-split to the front and WOT off the line [:p]

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
+1 for never
i am still in the break in period and am a new rider.
dont imagine i will see 13K for quite some time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.