Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with 14,000 miles on their 05 or 06 636s, did you get the recommended valve adjustment right away? I know its just the manufacturers recomendation, but I'm wondering if it will hurt if I push it a bit. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I haven't made it that far but I would say have it done. I know I am sticking pretty close to my scheduled stuff, but I also got the extended warranty. I want to be able to say "I've done my part, now you do yours" if anything ever goes wrong with my bike.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I found that both my 03 and 05 ZX-6RR needed to have the adjustment done before the recommended mileage. I had the valves adjusted and the FI Synced at around 8K on both machines. I was amazed at how much quieter and smoother they ran after that. I was told that it is a good idea to have it done after the breakin period and then follow the factory schedule there after.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by mdmoto
I found that both my 03 and 05 ZX-6RR needed to have the adjustment done before the recommended mileage. I had the valves adjusted and the FI Synced at around 8K on both machines. I was amazed at how much quieter and smoother they ran after that. I was told that it is a good idea to have it done after the breakin period and then follow the factory schedule there after.
Doing it after breakin is a waste of money. Even if they are out of spec, it's not a big deal until they get well out of spec.

Also, a valve adjustment won't make it any quieter, if anything it will be louder after.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy

Doing it after breakin is a waste of money. Even if they are out of spec, it's not a big deal until they get well out of spec.

Also, a valve adjustment won't make it any quieter, if anything it will be louder after.
First, I did the adjustment after 8K miles right after breakin. Second, the machines did get quieter due to the fact that several of the valves were on the loose end of the clearance range. I believe that at least 2 of the valves were considerably outside of the clearnce range. So it was not a waste of money as you put it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.