Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
figure 8-10 pounds equals one hp. 100 pounds will be a possible 10 hp difference. In practical terms it is less, but that is a guideline.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks....i was just wonderin because a buddy of mine n i both bought 06 zx-6r's but he is a lot bigger guy than me and i was curious how much of a diff it makes

·
Registered
219 Posts
ok this guy is stupid....lol....jp handro....yea my buddy and i both bought 06 636...lol he is like 6'2 155 and im like 6'6 250.....lol....yes handro your faster get OVER IT!!![}:)]

·
Registered
380 Posts
I notice a huge difference in acceleration if my wife is on the back of my bike. Probably pretty comparable to the situation you're talking about. My bike feels fast if she's been on the back all weekend and then I get my first ride by myself in a while and Holy Shit! That's what I've been missing...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by calen636
I notice a huge difference in acceleration if my wife is on the back of my bike. Probably pretty comparable to the situation you're talking about. My bike feels fast if she's been on the back all weekend and then I get my first ride by myself in a while and Holy Shit! That's what I've been missing...
[:Agree]

·
Registered
383 Posts
It does make quite a difference.
My buddy has a 05 CBRRR. We checked our gearing and it's the same.
He's ~140lbs and I'm ~180. Not much difference.
From a roll, he'll slowly creep away on me. (We're talking one gear pull, just crack the throttle, no shifts, nothing)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes I agree too. Major difference.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by 99midnightZ
ok this guy is stupid....lol....jp handro....yea my buddy and i both bought 06 636...lol he is like 6'2 155 and im like 6'6 250.....lol....yes handro your faster get OVER IT!!![}:)]
Nice way to start around here. No one forced you to read this thread or comment, he had a legitimate question regardless of your assumption as to what his motives were behind the question. So may I suggest to keep your unprovoked insults to yourself and if you can't post without insulting others, find a new site.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
you guys are all fuckin crazy. THe fat guy is going to be the faster one. The momemtum, common, havent you seen it? if they go down hill the fat guy is going to go way faster. GEEZ, he's not fat for nothing!!! its all strategy. Or however you spell it.:D:D:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does this mean that I could add horsepower to my bike by losing weight? Maybe we should have a How-To on this. Free horsepower!

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,464 Posts
plus with all that extra weight he'll be more solid in the curves....and when I say "he" I mean me [}:)]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Force = Mass * Acceleration
or
Acceleration = Force / Mass = (Torque*wheelradius)/Mass
for the same bike exerting the same Torque curve characteristic,,different Masses on the bike will result in Directly affected different Accelerations.
More Massive the less Acceleration you will exhibit.
Less Massive the more Acceleration you will exhibit.
I can tell the difference in how the bike pulls with a full gas tank vs. an empty tank. (10 lbs. makes a noticable difference)
[:0] RACE AND YOU SHALL SEE

·
Registered
648 Posts
Originally posted by iroman

Nice way to start around here. No one forced you to read this thread or comment, he had a legitimate question regardless of your assumption as to what his motives were behind the question. So may I suggest to keep your unprovoked insults to yourself and if you can't post without insulting others, find a new site.
Yo he is obviously the friend whom the OP is talking about......

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by 99Ninja6r

Yo he is obviously the friend whom the OP is talking about......
Ok, someone reported his post and I didn't catch that, but it did strike me as odd that they were both from the same city. Brain on slow today, sorry about that...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.