Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy shit that was one of the best Race i have in a LONG TIME, couldnt sit down for the last 10 laps.

But in the end Damn that ROSSI!!!!

1st-Rossi
2nd-Melandri
3rd-Haydon
4th-Perdrosa
5th-Capirossi

Was expecting a good race but damn, to bad Kenny wrecked out hitting Tamada in the process, though i dont think he could of or would of been willing to get that wild on the bike.
Hydon better do something good at Leguna seca

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Even after seeing so many incredible races by Rossi over the years, I'm still amazed by his performance.
Nicky did well, but just like last year, I felt he was missing that last tenth in performance. That's why I think he did a great job.
Pedrosa needs more experience.
Melandri is a demon on the brakes.

Great race. Rossi rode the wheels off of that Yamaha, so to speak.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Damn that was a good race. Last corner all of them that close and Rossi riding it to the limit. Great stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will it give to Rossi he did the Business as they say.....
As much as i am not a Rossi fan, i do Not like PEDROSA at all...
just that he is so plain and boring as a person....
but damn that was some good racing today..

Haydon did what he felt he had to do for HIMSELF and beat his teamate and that is what counts i guess for him, at least he now has Rossi to contend with in the coming weeks...
If he can do a 1st place at leguna he may just hold on to win the Championship...time will tell..

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
Funny that you guys say that about Pedrosa because I thought I was the only one that felt that way. I think he'll be a very good contender in the next couple of years. Either that or he'll fall off like Sete Gibernau.

I actually caught myself biting my nails when Pedrosa almost ran Hayden off. To me, MotoGP is so much more fun to watch than the AMA races! [:M9]

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Am I the only one in the world that didn't get to see this fkn race?!?!?
Yep, and it was a good one. I feel for you though, I missed the assen gp and it was one of the best races too. Lucky me, I had a friend record it on a dvr and then burnt it to a dvd for me to watch. Even though I knew what was going to happen, I was still shocked by the ending.

The german gp was one of the best races yet I think just because any four of them could have won it. I don't think I've ever seen a race with that many people fighting at the end like that. I was pullin for Nicky of course but Rossi has really earned my respect this year. I actually find myself rooting for him for some reason.

and finally, PEDROSA SUCKS! I dont know why but I hate that little fucker. He is fast though.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Seriously guys, spend the 30eur and get a motogp.com account for the rest of the season. Watch the races when you want, as well as older races.

Though admittedly, 2003 and previous years have really crapy quality and no commentary. It's too bad, I'd happily pay 50eur to get better quality for the old races too, including commentary. Still, three years of decent video quality races, interviews and action clips is pretty damn cheap for 38 eur.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I tivo all the races but I sure wish Speed TV would spend more time on MotoGp like more pre-race and post-race!! MotoGP is the best racing in the world! It's like a cardio workout when you watch.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yesterday's race was the shyte!!!! Funny that you guys mention that about Pedrosa. We were talking about him yesterday about how he is quick as hell but has zero charisma. Listening to his interview is as exciting as watching paint dry. The motogp.com subscription is the way to go. The only bad thing is that made is to you can no longer download the whole video file, it only streams. Speed definitely has to do something about the coverage though. A group of us got together to watch the race at our local Hooters; Rossi, Melandri, Hayden, and Pedrosa are fighting it out and just as they begin the last lap of the race, Speed cuts to commercial!!! Terrible!

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Speed definitely has to do something about the coverage though. A group of us got together to watch the race at our local Hooters; Rossi, Melandri, Hayden, and Pedrosa are fighting it out and just as they begin the last lap of the race, Speed cuts to commercial!!! Terrible!
For Real, wtf is up with that. The last fuckin lap and they gotta pull that shit. Then they cut the post race interview short. I mean, comon, they spend all day for nascar pre and post race shit but can't even cover 5 minutes of interviews for motogp.

·
28,939 Posts
Was a good race yesterday even though SPEED went to a commercial on the LAST LAP with a good 4 bike battle up front. Looking like the 05 is bringin the doctor some good luck cause he is closing on hayden in points. Hayden is still super consistant but cant seal the deal. That damn Pedrosa is a fast little bastard too, and with this being his first year in GP and always running in the front he will be a contender for sure. Unless he hurts himself by doing something stupid that is...lol Kenny Roberts JR is starting to look good too, except when he is sliding acrossed the track takin out other riders...LOL Id say he'll be on the podium before long though.

Anyhow, 4 days till they run the US GRAND PRIX @ LAGUNA SECA!!! My girl actually looked into getting me tickets to it for my B-Day but we have too much other stuff going on. I think that just the fact that she checked into them was awesome! Im not sure how hard its going to be to steer clear of the *SPOILERS* until I watch the race since its in the states but im sure gonna try. Would be pretty damn awesome to see Hayden get another "W", especially at Laguna where he got his first win.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I haven't seen the race. Hopefully a buddy of mine recorded it.

of course I missed it because the retard children that occupy the space where I was at yesterday(I went to a birthday party) lost the F'ing remote control and the TV's buttons don't work.

SO

YOU CAN'T TURN THE TV ON!!!

[:M7]

who would keep children like these?

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
GreenEnvy -- how can you say Schumacher has no persona or charisma? Maybe Ralph Schumacher, but big brother Michael has great charisma. He's just a real, down-to-earth guy, and isn't as full of himself as some of the other drivers are. Sure he's self-confident and a little short-winded, but watch his reaction after hopping out of the car when he got pole in Indy and Magny Cours and tell me he has no charisma. =)

As for the race...it was good, but I've seen better races this season, IMO. I was more interested in the battle between Hayden and Pedrosa than Rossi and Melandri. The reason why is because with Hayden finishing 3rd in front of Pedrosa, he kept his points lead constant. Rossi moved from 3rd to 2nd in the points, but Hayden still has a 26 point lead on 2nd place, the only thing that changed is that Rossi moved up. Right now Hayden could crash out and Rossi could take 1st, and Hayden would still be ahead by 1 point, but if he had fallen behind Pedrosa that race, he would have lost the lead if that were to happen. So it was a very important race, but as far as action, there was really only action in the last few laps. There have been some races earlier in the season where I was on my feet for almost every lap. =)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
So it was a very important race, but as far as action, there was really only action in the last few laps
What? Did we watch the same race? It think it was intense almost all the way through. Rossi was riding the crap out of that bike all the time. And look at what Tamada did. And Roberts.

There might not have been Nicky/Pedrosa fighting throughout the race, but there was certainly Rossi/Roberts/Tamada/Melandri battles back and forth all the time.

Sachsenring is a great track for MotoGP, I really liked last years race there as well.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by jazzyfizzzle
Yesterday's race was the shyte!!!! Funny that you guys mention that about Pedrosa. We were talking about him yesterday about how he is quick as hell but has zero charisma. Listening to his interview is as exciting as watching paint dry. The motogp.com subscription is the way to go. The only bad thing is that made is to you can no longer download the whole video file, it only streams. Speed definitely has to do something about the coverage though. A group of us got together to watch the race at our local Hooters; Rossi, Melandri, Hayden, and Pedrosa are fighting it out and just as they begin the last lap of the race, Speed cuts to commercial!!! Terrible!
Where was my invite you dirty bastard.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.