Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've come to discover that for whatever reason, it is tough to find the things I need for the 2017 ninja 650.
My bike is giving me error codes 21 + 62 which are crankshaft sensor and subthrottle valve actuator, respectively. I was looking up the crankshaft sensor to see what it looked like in order to locate it on my bike, but that part doesn't seem to exist anywhere on the internet. I even went to bikebandit and couldn't find anything. same goes for the subthrottle valve actuator.

so I guess my question is, does anyone know where I can get these parts and/or can I get a picture showing where they are located so that I might check connections and such?

·
Registered
134 Posts
the official Kaw service manual should nail down the subthrottle valve actuator. Sounds like a solenoid valve...
16126-0705 possible? More research needed on this one. Service manual FTW.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sub throttle valve actuator:

If you look at the parts diagrams page posted above, you will find a diagram called “throttle” (almost at the end).

there on the “throttle” diagram on the very left you see a square box with a circle in the middle (labeled “b”). That is your sub throttle valve actuator.

the cable runs to a connector (labeled “a” in the drawing)
  • turn off the bike
  • unplug connector and measure actuator resistances:
BK lead - P lead should be 5.2 ~ 7.8 ohms
G lead - W/BL lead should be 5.2 ~ 7.8 ohms

1 - 8 of 8 Posts