Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the deal everyone,
I've been working in Tucson, AZ for about 6 weeks now, on a long ongoing project for my company.
I live in northern MN.. Basically, i'll be here for a while.. probly until december/january-ish..

Heres my dilemma.. my motorcycles sitting in my friends garage, being unridden, and i've been going through withdrawls.

Basically, i wanna take the plunge and take the 1800 mile trip down I35, and across I40.. and get my bike down here so i can enjoy the amazing weather, and the amazing mountain road i found today (catalina HWY if anyones familiar).

I've been trying to pursuade myself to do it, than.. hours later, the other part of me tells me its a bad idea. I'll have 10 days off at the start of october, and thats when i plan to do it.. i figure, take 3 days to do it.. limit myself to 10 hours of riding a day, and dont ride during the night.. the only problem i'll have is getting the bike back up in the winter months when the project is finished.. (unless i decide to stay.. which im pretty tempted..lol)

so tell me your thoughts everyone.. btw, the bike is a 1993 kawasaki ninja E1.. if i do decide to do it im gonna go through and give it a super good tuneup, change the brake pads (it needs it anyways) and generally make sure its sound for the trip..

Let me know what you think :)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I say do it.

3 days of work to enjoy something you love for MONTHS.

Face it, you're in a area where season doesn't really matter as much as it does in Minnesota, why not ride your winter away?

DO IT!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright so far my decision is swayed towards yes, I've been daydreaming about it all day at work. Now I just have to call the boss an let him know I only need a 1 way trip home.. Once that's done I pretty much have to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
or just buy a super cheap bike, fix it up, and sell it for profit when ur done :dunno:
I was thinking about doing that, not a streetbike but a dirtbike. But than I figured, I might as well bring my bike down instead of a non-street legal bike. Plus I want someth g to drive up catalina hwy, which I really wanna do on my bike.. I dunno, its a tough call..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts