Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the 1969 Kawasaki H1? My grandfather had one that had been in storage for about 30 years and only has 3000 miles on it. It is in pretty good shape. Someone has painted the tank and side covers but everything else looks good. The original seat is still in really good condition.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the 1969 Kawasaki H1? My grandfather had one that had been in storage for about 30 years and only has 3000 miles on it. It is in pretty good shape. Someone has painted the tank and side covers but everything else looks good. The original seat is still in really good condition.
It's a legend. Be extremely careful if you ride it and let me know if it's for sale:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is for sale. I do not know how to price but would take a reasonable offer. I did find out that it is either a 1970 or 71. I have NOS Dunstall CR500 cafe racer kit to go with it. It has never been installed.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I haven't researched it but if I remember right 71 were the blue streak what color was it originally? I have ridden them, enzo is correct silly quick without the brakes or handling to handle it. around here alot of people use them on the strip. keep bumping someone will show an interest. Not for me as I said I've ridden them and I'm too old do do it anymore! Good luck!:needpics1:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anytime a H1, RZ, Suzuki GT (etc) goes on ebay, the bids go crazy!
Prices on big vintage 2-strokes can be substantial even on mildly restored ones.
You might wanna sell if you check prices!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are ever in Birmingham, AL, check out the Barber museum. I was there in 2005, and they had a 69 H1 on display. Their bike was perfectly restored, gorgeous. But it wasn't an early bike, the engine case had numbers over 4000 if I recall correctly.

I had a beat up old 69 H1 that I never rode, I used to ride it every day back in college, but it had been sitting in my shop since I moved back from CA to FL in 82. My bike had frame and engine numbers less than 600. Mine was far from perfect, the seat had died in the 70s and I made a cafe-ish seat, the shiny bits disappeared, the forks were bent when I got it so I replaced the forks and wheels with H2 bits. Akront shoulderless rims, stainless spokes, Denco chambers, Datsun ignition...basic rat rod bike, fun in a straight line.

After seeing that bike in the museum, when I got back to Florida, I blew the dust off my bike, cleaned the carbs, put in a battery, fired it up ring ding ding. I sent an email to Barber, asked them if they wanted my old bike, when I told them it was an early one they said they would take it sight unseen, sent a truck to Florida to collect it. They gave me a form to fill out, so I could claim a tax deduction for a charitable donation.

They probably pulled a couple parts off it and threw the rest in a dumpster. But hey, if you haven't sold your old bike, and you don't want to mess with it, maybe you could donate it to charity like I did, take the IRS deduction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.