Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my H2 that I restored a few years back from an $800 barn bike.
Spend many $$ and many hours getting it back to it's present (award winning) stock condition. Took 1st place at the 2002 Toronto International Supershow. I have been collecting NOS parts for years for this project.

Some of you may not even know about the H2 or it's nasty reputation for wheelies (and worse) ;-) lol
750 c.c. 3 cylinder 2-stroke.

Cheers
gp

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
It's too late to enter this month, but get some more info and more pictures and you have a contender for next month for sure.

Reactions: Kawiwowi!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice, keep it clean and enjoy!
Hi
I had 2 ZX750 E turbos 84 (E1) 85 (E2) ay one time. Cool bike and still one of the best looking bikes of all time in my mind. I miss it.
My main ride is a 98 ZX11. I'm a Kawasaki guy through and through.
I'll re-enter my H2 for next months BOTM.
Thanx guys :)

gp

On the Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia, Canada

98 ZX11. I wish the Viper was mine too but it's a buddies. :cool:

·
Registered
737 Posts
I agree, have no intention of selling it. Have done alot of performance upgrades,
and still puts a stupid grin on my face when she spools up. That Triple of yours
is a big thumbs up! Will be waiting for next Months BOTM! :D

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
Hi
I had 2 ZX750 E turbos 84 (E1) 85 (E2) ay one time. Cool bike and still one of the best looking bikes of all time in my mind. I miss it.
My main ride is a 98 ZX11. I'm a Kawasaki guy through and through.
I'll re-enter my H2 for next months BOTM.
Thanx guys :)

gp

On the Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia, Canada

98 ZX11. I wish the Viper was mine too but it's a buddies. :cool:
why would you advertise that you had a D&D exhaust?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I knew a guy that had a D&D exhaust on a ZZR1200. Was freakin' loud! And shrill. No bueno.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Yes, more better!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
nice H2. i had one years ago, but nowhere as nice...

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Commute with it?? I would not want to ride something like that for transportation.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
why the hell did you sell it? it's collectors item. i am shaking my head at you right now. i want one so bad to ride to commute with.
it was 25+ years ago.
if i only knew then, what i know now........................

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
it was 25+ years ago.
if i only knew then, what i know now........................
You would have invested in a warehouse full of H1's, H2's, RD350's, old Triumphs, and other "crap".

I found a 1988 Auto Trader in my grandmas attic once, amazing how many $1,500 67-69 Camaros you could buy then.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
You would have invested in a warehouse full of H1's, H2's, RD350's, old Triumphs, and other "crap".

I found a 1988 Auto Trader in my grandmas attic once, amazing how many $1,500 67-69 Camaros you could buy then.
true...i had a bunch of old mopar big block, 4 spd muscle cars years ago, worth a fortune now.:(

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
Because I like it. It sounds great when on the pipe. I take it you're not a big D&D fan. lol

ok perhaps this is more to your liking.
This was my 2002 Suz GSX-R1000 with a full titanium Akrapovic. Better ??:rolleyes:
I didn't know 4 strokes 'came on the pipe.' That's a 2 stroke reference.

But yes, much better

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
In 1978 I bought a 1972 Plymouth Barracuda for $1200 because it was cheaper than the Camaros that I liked more, and it got up to 22 miles per gallon with its 318 cubic inch V8 and a little 2-barrel carb. The Barracudas are worth more than most Camaros now, especially the Hemis with 6-pack carbs and shaker hoods. The Nash Bridges TV show helped increase the value of the Hemi convertible, plus its rarity:

1971 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda convertible sells for $2.5 million - Jan. 22, 2007

Back then, the 2-strokes dirtied spark plugs fast and got difficult to start- they would be a lot better now with better iridium spark plugs and cleaner 2-stroke oil mixed with the fuel. Their peaky powerband is a lot safer with modern tires and modern brake pads, and with stronger stainless wrapped front brake hoses (not original like for a show bike).

Chains were also crap back then, not lasting long especially for the faster bikes, and why Moto Guzzi and BMW had shaft drives for their touring bikes in the 1950s. Harley went to belt drive for their street bikes, to keep the back of the bike cleaner and because belts had improved enough to last a long time for street use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I didn't know 4 strokes 'came on the pipe.' That's a 2 stroke reference.

But yes, much better
Well yes it is a 2 stroke reference but there is a certain sweet spot in the rev-range that this D&D really comes in to it's own. I like it and that's all that matters to me.
I also like the fact that it exits on the left side of the bike too. Looks different and cool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts