Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 1994 zx600e and unsure of how the pcv is supposed to be routed, bought the bike used and it's just plugged. Also the tank has a single barb on the back side just is just capped off, should that go to a one-way valve to vent the tank?

Thanks,
Michael
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Nut

·
Registered
1992 ZX7J & 2017 z650
136 Posts
It's been while since I messed with the emissions stuff, so I can't recall details, but from memory there should be a valve where the plugged "T" hose is. The plugged part has a hose that runs to a hole in the airbox, I think. See if there's like a 3/4" hole on the airbox that's plugged now.

You'll probably be able to find more info by looking for "kleen air mod", "evap delete", "pair valve delete", etc. I'm sure there's a youtube video with somebody removing it that you could just do in reverse.

I don't remember if I plugged a barb in the gas tank, but I'm pretty sure I had put a vaccum cap on the carbs.

That said, I like the idea of cleaning up the top-end by removing this stuff, so I would just leave it as is, or get block off plates for a nicer look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, now I can remember the airbox definitely had a bolt shoved in it but It didnt click in my head until you mentioned that, Ill order or make the block off plates. Waiting on a carb rebuild kit as the damn things keep flooding, rebuild them once with a cheap kit and no luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yo,

No need to do anything with block off plates, what you have in the picture is spot on.

Well, unless you want to remove that link between the 1 reed covers but it wont change anything to do with how the engine runs, just like mattv says it will make it look cleaner.

This is my awesome sauce 100% accurate and to scale diagram.

Water Font Handwriting Fluid Drawing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,

Thanks for the reply, diagram looks great!
Been having issues with the carbs flooding so Im waiting on another rebuild kit. Ordered an All-Balls kit instead of a cheap chineseium kit. Once I have the bike running I have new tires waiting to get thrown on, another oil change, sprockets/chain, and front fork rebuild. Once thats all done I'll hopefully remember to reference this as I'd like to clean up the mess of PCV they installed on this bike.

Thanks,
Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts