Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 94 zx9r it is not running, sometimes it cranks sometimes it doesnt, i just took all the fairirngs off, and realized that the petco was not on, and the fuel line was not hook up, but i still got that problem with the ignitions, when i press the button to start it, sometimes it just clicks oh and the headlight wont come on, but when it cranks, the head light would come on only after i let go of the strat switch, so i was wondering if anyone has a reapair manual, or has any idea what might be.. thanks

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Please read the site rules, we do not permit requesting or posting links to any manuals, as this is copyright infringement.

As for your problem, it sounds like battery if it just clicks. The headlight does not come on until after the bike has cranked, so it's normal for it to not light up until after you let go of the starter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your info about the headlight my old cbr was not like that, and i apologize for jumping in to post without reading the rules.. thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found out what the problem was, the brushes inside the starter were too short, so they wouldnt make contact...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.