Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike completely stripped.I rebuilt it once but used a engine not from this bike but same model. Recently slung connecting rod through front of block so I had to put the engine together that came with the bike that was in pieces. Anyway I used the jug and head off the used motor and put it on the original crankcase . Before I did so I marked can positions as well as the ignition rotor but when I put it back together I for the life of me get my marks to line back up so I looked up how to reset but keep reading Mixed information. I don't have service manual. There is no mark on crank case to align for tdc. I tried to do it by manually turning engine and looking down spark plug hole watching to see when piston reached its peak and from there I aligned the I.N mark on camshaft with the dash above it there is no arrow parallel with head on intake side and same with E.X mark on exhaust side. Well it's not right so what I thought was tdc wasn't I guess. Can someone please just tell me straight up what to do please. And what reference point I'm supposed to use on block to align with ignition rotor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts