Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1995 KLX 250 D (that I bought a month ago) and I want to test the CDI unit. ( Denso 21119-1376).
I have tried to test using a multi meter but I`m not getting the resistance readings that are stated in service manual for this bike.My meter shows most of the circuits in the CDI unit to be open? I want to make sure I have the correct testing procedure.
The bike starts up fine when cold and will run as long as you stay on the throttle but let off and it dies.
The bike is fouling the plug and once it heats up doesn't want to idle. I have checked out the ignition coil, pickup coil and stator (resistances) with the same meter and they seem to be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a used CDI unit and replaced the one on the bike with it. The bike still has the same problem as before, wont idle after it gets hot, hard to start and fouling the plug! Next I am going to pull the carburetor off, clean and get a rebuild kit for it. Any thoughts on a good kit to buy, jet replacement or other ideas on what could be causing this issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts