Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a site to order an undertail for the 1996 ZX-9Rs? Every site I look for or search on has them for the ZX-9R 98-00 or they have it in 1996 for the ZX-7R, but I can not find one for the 96 ZX-9R.

·
Registered
261 Posts
No problem. I bought my undertail and hugger from him and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
130 Posts
nice, how much did that cost? this one was like 140.00 Hey devil Dog where did you mount your license plate with this undertail kit??

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mine is a 2000, so it may be different. There is a flat part just under the tail lights that you can put 2 screws through.

·
Registered
130 Posts
ook, i actually wanted to get one that goes with the curve of the wheel. You know what im talking about? It mounts by the brakes and is kind of curved

·
Registered
261 Posts
This one does curve with the wheel, but has a small piece at the very back. The instructions are pretty good, but cut nothing until you are absolutely sure you are doing it correctly. Now if you are looking for the piece that covers the wheel, that is a hugger. The undertail is what it says - Under (the) tail.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No im sorry, i am looking for the undertail kit. I was talking about a license plate mount. But since you said something about cutting nothing until absolutely sure. What if my undertail was already cut off when i bought it:(

·
Registered
115 Posts
this is a nice touch for your 9 an other alternative for your plate this attaches to your rear spool bolt and sits under the can. i just finished making it and it will be on the bike later this week i will show pics after as well this is my first one and i hope that the next one i make looks better but what the hay!!!tell me what you think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
WELL I MADE MY OWN WITH SOME SCRAPE METAL BUT HERE IS THE LINK OF A GUY ON EBAY WHO IS SELLING THEM AND YOU COULD SUBMIT A BET OFFER GIVE IT A SHOT. HE WOULD NOT DEAL WITH ME CAUSE I AM IN CANADA AND I ASKED FOR SHIPPING INCLUDED BUT MAKE HIM AN OFFER OF SHIPPING INCLUDED AND HE MAY GO FOR IT IF IT IS TO MUCH FOR YOU TO SPEND PM ME AND WE WILL WORK SOME THING OUT.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Moto-Plates

THEY ARE NICE AND IT CLEANS UP THE TAIL A WHOLE LOT

·
Registered
92 Posts
i had a side mount plate but had too much drag on the highway it acted like a sail found i had to lean to comp for it. i took it off but its good for putting around i guess alot of choppers/HD have this set up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.