Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 zx600e and i was having some issues with my clutch dragging so i opened it up and fixed that issue but now after i put the clutch cover on i put the clutch rod back in and it will not fit in the case flush in the correct orientation, it goes flush the the rod is about 90 degrees counter clockwise i have some pics, any idea what it could be? Do i gotta take the cover back off? What would cause this? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
What did you do to fix the dragging issue, looks correct in the bottom photo you just need to rotated it and get the notch in the rod to align with the pin on the basket.

·
Registered
344 Posts
As stated, it's probably that you didn't have the rod properly aligned.

That being said, if you are going back in there, you can save yourself a bit of money by either using a generic cut to fit gasket or permatex gasket maker. I used permatex on mine when I went in a few years ago and there's been no leak of any sort. Just don't go too crazy on the amount you use, a bit of it applied as directed and it'll work great. It's also great if you've accidentally gouged scratches into the cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What did you do to fix the dragging issue, looks correct in the bottom photo you just need to rotated it and get the notch in the rod to align with the pin on the basket.
I am having kinda the same issue I have it all back together but when I put the rod in the bottom it's facing the back of the bike like in his 2nd pic, should I be able to move it by hand to turn it towards the front of the bike to install the clutch cable?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 96 zx600e and i was having some issues with my clutch dragging so i opened it up and fixed that issue but now after i put the clutch cover on i put the clutch rod back in and it will not fit in the case flush in the correct orientation, it goes flush the the rod is about 90 degrees counter clockwise i have some pics, any idea what it could be? Do i gotta take the cover back off? What would cause this? Thanks for the help. View attachment 138237 View attachment 138238
Hey I just installed a new clutch on my 96 zx600e and I'm having same issue of where when I install the rod it's facing the back of the bike so I can't hook up the clutch cable like it's backwards or something did you get it fixed and if so how

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I just installed a new clutch on my 96 zx600e and I'm having same issue of where when I install the rod it's facing the back of the bike so I can't hook up the clutch cable like it's backwards or something did you get it fixed and if so how
Oh hete is a pic of what I'm talking about...i can not get it to face the proper way can some one please help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts