·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started off as a personal project to make my swingarm fit while utilizing
my stock wheels. I work at a machine shop so, this is what my projects
often look like. This bracket and bushing kit is well thought out and precise
to give trouble free installation. It is designed to be strong where a modified
stock bracket couldn't. We are making sets up for those that want them.
We have the program set up and ready to run, so all kits are made to order.
Selling this is mostly to offer the convenience of the kit.

Additional parts needed to complete swingarm conversion to newer style swingarm:

- Swingarm of your choice with matching axle. '05-'06 swingarms are the same length as factory, '07-'08 swingarms are 10mm longer than factory.
- 17" brake line (1996-1998 Suzuki RM125 line works. Factory line may work with aftermarket rearsets)
- Recommend that you use newer ('05+) style Showa shock and linkage. Superior shock and added clearance.

**PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION RECOMMENDED**

Our website checkout is up or you can make orders directly through me here. I will be on here to check PM's often.

Order information can be found at
Low Country Machining - Products

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I love my J model. Just went on a 700 mile round trip, problem free.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Looks great, good job

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
$190 for a bracket and two spacers?

·
Registered
287 Posts
$190 for a bracket and two spacers?
Yeah it does seem a little high Larry, but on the flipside, isn't it a cheaper option than buying a rear wheel with all the trimmings to fit?
(I honestly don't know the wallet damage it causes)

@ OP, I think lowering the cost to about a bill would definitely help with sales and make this a hotter product.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Yeah it does seem a little high Larry, but on the flipside, isn't it a cheaper option than buying a rear wheel with all the trimmings to fit?
(I honestly don't know the wallet damage it causes)

@ OP, I think lowering the cost to about a bill would definitely help with sales and make this a hotter product.
yup, i'd buy one for 100.00...instantly. have the swingarm in the garage waiting to go on the track bike :)

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
actually, for the design of it, you could make the bracket from a single piece of thinner stock. The "hump" for locator tab really is overkill...cut down on the thicker material and cost of that.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cutting down that "hump" is not an option. It compromises structural integrity of the bracket.
My name (and "butt") is attached to this bracket and I will only stand behind a quality product
even if it costs me a little more to do so. The bracket is made from 6061-T6 Alcoa aluminum and
the bushings are made from 304 stainless steel to keep them looking great forever and resisting
wear from the bearing seal and debris.

The bracket price is rather cheap considering the machine time it takes to make this thing. It
is very thin in one spot and has to be set up precisely.$190 is a great deal considering a set of
newer wheels easily go for $450+ not including tire mount and balance.

I have to sell a few before pricing can come down. I have sold 7 kits so far including a hard
anodized black one someone paid extra to have.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If I was going to swap to the newer swing arm I would be hitting you up for it.. I could not be shagged grinding down the old bracket a mm at a time to see if it fits..

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Yeah $190 is cheaper than getting a six spoke wheel and bracket. I lucked out and got the complete rear wheel with sprocket and rotor for $80 shipped. VERY lucky find. My entire swingarm swap cost me less than these brackets, but again that was luck of the search. Then again you have to factor in buying a front wheel to match.

So you are going to offer black anodized? Or you do already? I'm sure that adds another few dollars to the price.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be offering anodized colors in the future. I have experimented with hard anodizing but the cost of it is just not worth it.

I do offer a mirror polish. I will post up a pic of one later in the week when I get done with it, as someone just ordered one in polished.

That bike is Crazy1's in the United Kingdom. He was the second person to buy this bracket kit from me. The first person to buy it was somewhere in Oz.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Black or raw aluminum. Polished? Eww.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah $190 is cheaper than getting a six spoke wheel and bracket. I lucked out and got the complete rear wheel with sprocket and rotor for $80 shipped. VERY lucky find. My entire swingarm swap cost me less than these brackets, but again that was luck of the search. Then again you have to factor in buying a front wheel to match.
Yeah, my thoughts are that I'd have to change out the front wheel to match it too. That'd drive me nuts if I didn't.
And unless you're lucky to find someone getting rid of the wheels you want then you're gonna end up spending a lot more.
I'll definitely be looking to get a set from you when I get back from the desert and start rebuilding my bike again. Any hookup for someone coming back from his 2nd tour? :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
That bike is Crazy1's in the United Kingdom. He was the second person to buy this bracket kit from me. The first person to buy it was somewhere in Oz.
I need to get up with him, that thing REALLY makes me wanna do the 09-12 tail swap when I get home.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Black or raw aluminum. Polished? Eww.
You can barely see the bracket on the bike and with the way I polish them, they look spectacular.

I will eventually be offering the run of the mill colors. Black, Gold, Red, Blue, Green.....etc. Maybe even some two tone.....just depends.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think powder-coated black will sell the best, since all these swingers come in black already. The only reason for any other color would be for accent/contrast.

I'll be hittin' you up for a black one around May timeframe, for sure.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts