Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thing is, most of the PM's I have are PM's I want to save.

Still, seems a bit......

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Yeah the free membership doesn't allow much storage space for PM's. Shoot admin a message and see what they can do, man.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Oh, snap. I just checked out your website and I didn't realize you guys are in SC. That's only a few days shipping away from me. So you guys can machine parts from drawings and mock up parts, huh? I'll keep you guys in mind for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey,

I wanted to ask if you already succeeded in lowering the costs of the kit??

I have finally found a swingarm and I'm wondering if I should buy this kit or if I should just try to grind down the OEM stuff.

Greetz,
Roel

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
They are about as cheap as they are gonna get. 100% custom bracket and is a fraction of the cost of a set of wheels.

Currently they go for 165 plus shipping. Right now we are currently backordered but more will be available soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Beard,

I purchased an used swingarm of a 2005 ZX6R and took measurements for the spacers and bracket. I created a CAD-file with these measurements and asked local machining shops for quotes. Turns out; Your kit is indeed really cheap!!

So I was thinking of buying your kit but to buy in confidence I would like to know if the measurements of my drawings compare to your conversion kit. Is it possible, in this topic or in case of confidentiallity of the design via email or PM, to compare the width of the spacers and bracket?

Everyone doing this swingarm swap uses a used swingarm which might be tweaked in the slightest and therefore the kit might not work for everyone. I checked my measurements on the swingarm and motorcycle that I'm using so I know these measurements are correct. And though a few mm difference is not a big problem, I like to know before I buy your kit.

I do not want to copy your design and have it made locally so if I could send my drawings (CAD format, SW2013) and you only verify that the kit is (near) identical I would buy your kit and know it will work.

I hope you understand my position because I read in on zx6r.com that someone had fitment issues and you even send your own swingarm to help track down the issue. Since I live in the Netherlands (Europe) this wouldn't be "ideal". And if you have my measurements you also know the kit should fit in one try.

I hope you are willing to help me out.

Greetz,
Roel

(PS. I took my measurements of the chain with the original swingarm, then swapped swingarms and aligned the chain. Next measured the distance between the swingarm and left side of the wheelhub and using the original spacers calculated the size of the spacer needed. Then I measured the swingarm's width and calculated the the right side spacers measements and the brake bracket size. So I know these numbers work for my bike with my swingarm.)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Beard is super busy, plus he doesn't really come on this forum any more

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
The issues with the kit on NinjaGuy's bike is bacause he has a G model. The G model frame itself has an offset that we have to figure out a way to overcome. The conversion kit works perfectly, just his swingarm is off center.

I have the drawing files in .dxf format but I am sorry, I am very reluctant to give out drawings. The bracket is designed to be just over 10mm thinner than the factory bracket and the caliper mounts are offset to keep it center with the rotor. I also make the back of the pocket VERY thin and included a clearance spot that assures that the rotor bolts clear.

I make these kits as a favor to the J community, not as a service. I make zero profit and lately it has been more of a hassle than it is worth. Everybody beat me to death on the price so now it is so close to production cost that it is an inconvenience at times.

I mean look at this stuff! 6061 T-6 hardened aluminum, three different spacer options of which two have a trick retention system. All made of either 6061 T6 alum. or 304 stainless for weight savings or durability. It is nothing but quality and free engineering to those that have a need for it. These kits have been track tested and verified to work 100% on 00-04 zx6r's and 05-08 zzr600's. The 98-99's need a little more work in the frame section of the bike to complete the swap successfully.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone still make these kits or know where to find one ? Short of that any advice on swapping an 07 arm onto a 98/99 while keeping the 3 spokes ? Cheers

41 - 54 of 54 Posts