Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this sound too good to be true? The guy was asking high 6's, but he said he might be able to do $5600. He said he has too many toys and must sell this bike to pay off some bills. It has no scratches and 4800 miles. Does this sound like a scam? He said he could deliver it to me or I could come pick it up, and he's not too far from my house. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
where are you buying it from? over the web or some guy in town? if it's in town or not too far away u could see about a test ride. that should clear any doubts about it's integrity

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
They're great looking bikes, just not the type you want to have as your only bike. It's a very uncomfortable bike for even short distances and is very expensive to maintain. While working at the dealership out here it wasn't rare to see someone walk out with an 800 dollar bill for service. Think about these things because I know you were talking about riding long distances. Also this, one of the guys I used to work with had a 748 and I would leave him behind all the time. They don't have a lot of go in em unfortunately. If I were dead set on that body style, I'd have to go with the 916/996/998.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've been at this cross road many times before. I want a 748 so damn bad. The thing is the 636 has 107hp & the 748 has maybe 92. You are losing 15hp, the gearing is really tall on twins, & just the rear sprocket change on one will run you $165, & then you have to buy a special rear stand, etc.
I still want one & will get one when I'm done with school.

The ideas have flowed for so long: 853cc kit, ohlins rear, ohlins damper, Sil 54mm open pipes, PCII custom map, +3 rear sprocket, kit intakes.
I could spend 4k the day I bought the bike!
Another friend of mine was looking into a 748 in NJ that was too good to be true...found out it had a salvage title, but the salvage had been removed. He had a friend in DMV look into the VIN. Be careful!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know what, screw it. If I bought that bike it would be all my money, and theres a 95 CBR900RR and a 99 TL1000S for sale locally, for much cheaper then the Duck. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.