Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike has a full muzzy and k&n filter.starts good idles good and runs good but seems to lack juice.never had carbs off can anyone give me main jet size and needle circlip position that would suit these 2 mods.any futher airbox mods?cant tell if it runs lean or rich any help appreciated.[}:)]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's the deal...all bikes from the factory are fueld on the lean end of the spectrum to compensate for emissions control. With the addition of a full exhaust system and air filter, you're bike is starving for more fuel and, to be honest, I would bet it is making less HP then it did in stock trim because of that. Jetting, with these mods, is an absolute must if you wish to benefit from the mods you have performed. If you know what you're doing or are mechanically inclined, the process is not that difficult. Steer away from dyno-jet kits, tho. Fine tuning your jetting to match your precise setup is a time consuming and costly affair and make sure to take the bike to a reputable shop that is known for good tuning work, that is if you want the absolute maximum power output. If you just want to get it good enough, it is possible to do by yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info.ido most of my own work .so i should go up 1 jet size and keep going up till i get noticeable change? any other cheap mods? electrical?? airbox? any advice is much appreciated/.[}:)]
[}:)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.