Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1998 ZX-6R and it has 1 key for the seat, 1 for the fuel cap and one for the ignition and wondered if anyone else as the same thing.
It makes me wonder if the bikes been crashed and had replacement parts put on.

Please let me know if your 1998 is the same way.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
probably not a crashed bike, but it was probably stolen or someone attempted to steal it at some point. if it really bothers you have 3 seperate keys, you can buy a new complete set from the dealership, from ebay, or from a bike wrecker.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
[:Agree] Have you noticed any ground vin #'s? Rebuilt title? Seems very shady.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
most likely just replaced the parts with parts from another bike due to a wreck, i was surprised when my 1 key on my 98 opened everything due to another tank on there, a different tail etc, i guess they just used the stock ones... but its not probally stolen, it wouldnt have a clean title if it was, no way no how...
Ben

·
Registered
532 Posts
sounds shady to me. where did you buy the bike. i would cerntly check the vins on the frame and engine

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
yea, your bike should only have one key. id look into this one. Yo u wanna eliminate one key, look into getting a screw on race gas cap. I know Vortex makes one and they are pretty cheap, even at the stealership

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replys.

All the Vin#'s match just fine and it doesn't look like they have been messed around with, it has a clear title so my guess is they crashed it/stolen recovered then replaced the parts from a scrap yard.

Thanks again.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Look on ebay for a lock set and keys and ya should be good, in regards to the suggestion of a race fuel cap, dont bother i had a good friend decided to do similar with his blade and he had a spill the cap came open dowsed him in fuel and then with the aid of his sparkies (knee sliders) he promptly set alight to himself causing 3rd degree burns over 20% of his body.

stay away from quick release stuff there was a lock put on there for safety as well as security.

Russ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.