Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

I bought an '98 zx-6r with 72kw (for german market). But normal version has 81 kw. I am interested, where are the restrictions fitted and how to get them out ? Maby on carbs ? Has anyone any pictures ? I've been searching on many forums, but with no sucess.

Thank you for eventual answers, bye !

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
kw is kilowatts, horsepower is an SAE thing, the rest of the world uses kilowatts for power rating. the formula for converting is as follows: A power level of 1 hp is approximately equivalent to 746 watts (W) or 0.746 kilowatts (kW). To convert from horsepower to watts, multiply by 746. To convert from watts to horsepower, multiply by 0.00134. To convert from horsepower to kilowatts, multiply by 0.746. To convert from kilowatts to horsepower, multiply by 1.34. as for dejavus question. go to www.ronayers.com and pull up the parts diagrams to see if anything is different. there might be restrictor plates in the air box.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I know that Kawasaki used restrictor plates in the carbs on restricted ZZR-1100s, but that was to restrict them to 47kw.

I don't know if they used the restrictor plates to restrict the 600 to 72kw, or if it was something to do with the ignition module, or the exhaust system.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Look to the UK and see if they sell a derestrictor kit for the ZX-6R. Usually the restrictors are on the smaller bikes 400cc to keep beginners down to 33 hp or so. The restrictors are usually electronic devices that register speed from the speedo and cut fuel or spark to reduce top end speed. Look into it. England restricted bikes in the 90's and may still do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.