Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1998 Kawasaki ZX-6R for sale. I've made some mods from stock and have listed them below.

This bike is registered until September of 2003. It has ~11800 miles. It's got great midrange and top end power. And the brakes only need 1 finger to haul you down from speed.

This bike was never raced or abused.

Mods
  • Dunlop 207GP tires
  • Fork revalved and resprung to .90 kg/mm springs by Aftershocks
  • Rear shock revalved by Aftershocks
  • EBC HH pads in front
  • EBC pro-lite race rotors in front
  • Goodridge plastic coated steel braided brake lines set up racer style with 2 lines from master cylinder
  • Lockhart Philips "extralight" fairing stay
  • Water wetter in radiator
  • 10w-40 Redline full synthetic oil
  • Barnett clutch springs (stronger than stock)
  • NRC left engine cover (stator side)
  • Full Hindle race system with aluminum supersport race muffler. 18 lbs lighter than stock.
  • BMC air filter - blowback screen in airbox was also removed for improved airflow
  • Factory jet kit - exhaust air injection inlets were blocked off
  • Factory pro shift kit
  • CFM Woodcraft rearsets *WITH* CFM rear brake and gear foot levers (1" higher and 1" farther back)
  • 520 conversion kit with 110 link RK X-ring chain, vortex +2 rear sprocket (42 teeth - stock was 40 teeth), and 15 tooth (stock size) front Chris King sprocket
  • Rear fender chopped with license plate moved up. Trunk space is still fully intact
  • Lockhart Philips flush mount front blinkers
  • Lockhart Philips short stalk rear blinkers
  • Carbon fiber tank guard
  • Intuitive Race black frame sliders - one slider has been down
Damage
  • Radiator repaired (by Myler's Radiator Repair in Utah) and fully operational at running pressure.
    No leaks whatsoever over the last 4000 miles.
  • Salvage title but geometry is totally straight as stock as was verified by Computrak.
    Damage was all cosmetic.
  • A few scratches on left side of the swingarm (by spool tab), left side of front rim, top of front fender, and front of mirrors (totally functional with no cracks or scratches on glass).
    You can look at the pictures but the scratches are minor enough that it's hard to see them.
  • Everything else is straight and clean.
Here's a link for all the pics. You can see larger versions of the pics by quitting the slideshow, look at a pic, and click it to get the bigger size.
http://photomail.photoworks.com/sharing/album.asp?Key=1~FQQ4aBru.cK09MomS9cko.c7awztq8zQ1ZSt71EboulWUfzDezoz5zjFyUPutP/g

I'm asking for $4000. I think that with $3000+ in parts and I don't know how much in labor, it's a reasonable price.
All the modded parts went on *after* the laydown that made it a salvaged title. So these mods have no damage (I got rearsets used and previous owner downed one peg).

Let me know if you're interested and be ready to ride in the spring!
You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i live in Australia in Queensland that sux don't it. it is a very nice bike u can only just see the scratches. :(

fear is like sex everyone needs it everybody wants it sometime in there life

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.