Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello moto-brothers... I recently purchased a 1999 ZX6-R w/8k on the clock for $5500 CND. It has a YOSH slip on (loud for an old guy like me), but no other evident modifications.

Any suggestions regarding modifications? Just looking to be a little quicker than "joe stock" on the street. Please keep in mind that my last bike was a '90 VFR and I do not have a death wish. [}:)]

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Well, once you have a pipe installed, you could look at a jet kit and dyno time to make sure you clear up any weak or flat spots on the powerband. However, beyond that, to get any noticeable gains in power, you're looking at bigger bucks (machining / cams / ignition advance / boring, etc etc etc)... but Grunt's right - a sprocket change can effect acceleration for you if you don't do primarily highway driving.

I'd take that money and fine tune either the STYLE or the HANDLING myself. An undertail kit, fender eliminator, signals, solo cowl, bolt kits, brake pads, tires, braided lines, revalving... there's a never-ending list of things you can upgrade. Guess you gotta decide where your priorities are. This forum is a wealth of ZX6R-specific help once you figure out what direction you want to go... make use of that search button there... [8D]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info... you're absolutely correct about the site, it is a wealth of information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.