Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent owned a modern sportsbike for a long time.have just bought a 1999 zx6r and love it,nice power and handling.what i want to know from people whove owned one is are there any inherant faults/problems to be aware of?thanx for your time.clean and green nz

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Man,

Have the same model myself. The only thing to look out for are your steering head bearings. They can get pretty notchy in no time.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I bought my 99 new and it now has 18,000 miles on it and it still runs like a beast! The only reason I don't ride that much anymore is my 03 636(SWEET ASS MACHINE)!

The only things that have ever been done to my 99 are change the oil, tires, brake fluid and e-jetted the carb. And the bike has been driven a hard 18000 miles! They are my babies but they are far from babied, I drive em like they were meant to be driven.:D

Ohh and congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I too own a 99 and just love it also, Welcome aboard. I bought mine with 1200 miles on it in May. It was sitting since 1999 and it has a slight hesitation. I am going to get some help this weekend and change the plugs, fuel filter and clean the carbs. But what a bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.