Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hooked up my Voltimeter on my batt. and it registered 19.5 while the bike was on. 17.5 when off. ? i left the bike parked for 3 weeks, when i started it, the batt, was dead. so i charged it for about 30 mins on 6AMP TRICKLE. now it shows 19+ ? does that sound weird> or normal

·
Registered
102 Posts
That sound a lil wierd. It could be 2 things. You over charged the battery somehow with the charger. It has a greater surface charge than normal. Let it sit for a few hours and check the voltage.Also you might want to check the water in the battery if its a servicable battery. If it has comes down to normal (12.6 volts for a fully charged battery) or close to that. Start the bike and read the voltage while running with the headlights disconected. Give it some rpms and read the voltage it should be somewhere between 14-15.2volts. If its higher you probably need a new regulator/rectifier. Your battery is getting overcharged and that its not good. hpoe this helps.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Are you taking the charger off when you test it?? 19v is way too high.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If that is correct then I would say you have a short in the battery causing a high reading. either way that battery is done and time for you to replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.