Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you dumped your first bike? What bike? And was it THEIR fault (of course!) or yours (NEVER!)?

'01 Yellow ZX-6R

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dumped my 97' ninja 250 around a sharp corner. Was out in an unfamiliar area and the turns were all soft then came up on a 90 degree when, slammed the brakes, hit the grass before the rail. Had a helmet jacket jeans and gloves on so I was fine, bike wasnt tho [V]
matt m

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Started on Ninja 250.....lots of close calls but no crashes yet....I'm just that good! ;)[8D][:p]
They say you'll wad it up at least once in your first 6 months riding. Knock on wood for me I guess. I've never done stunts though. That might be part of it. And I have broke the rear tire loose on 4 or 5 occasions but never through tight curves. I am one of those lucky guys who doesn't have a problem with looking through th turn. I dunno what the reason is but I haven't crashed yet so I must be doing something right! Just don't any of you go jinxing me now! [B)]

- Jon
2001 Candy Lightning Blue ZX6-R
"It only takes one beer to get me drunk.......but I'm not sure if it's the 8th or 9th one!"

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Had a 96 Zx6 I was going 45mph, a woman ran her red light so I crashed head first into the side of her car. Ironically the only thing that saved my life was my windscreen Because going through it slowed me down. Got some nasty scars though. Wasnt wearing a helmet so my brain swelled and was in a coma. But All better now and I have my 03 zx6r! Ill post up a pic of my bike as soon as i find it on my computer. Its pretty heard braking to see my baby in about 3 peices.

With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

·
Registered
315 Posts
you are one lucky son of a bitch, tommy. how much did you get after you sued her? youd better be rich after taking that kind of damage.

·
Registered
316 Posts
helmets are your greatest investment. congrats on the new bike!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
207 Posts
first bike was my 250 ninja and I only wrecked once on it but it actually was not my fault. A friggin deer jumped out in front of me while I was around 100 yards from my girl's house(she lives on some back roads). I was going 35-40 and then SMACK! flew right over the handlebars, only roughed up my shoulder a little bit but was back riding the next week.

--- '03 zx6r

·
Registered
242 Posts
My first wreck was on a 95 zx6r, and on the day I bought it:( Rode it straight form the dealer to work, and when I left work it was raining. Since it was my first bike I made a stupid mistake and left it in 2nd at a stop light at the bottom of a hill. When the green light came on I gassed it, and when it wasn't moving very well gave it more gas. Ended up doing a wheelie, losing traction on the wet ground and laying it out flat[xx(]

Step 1-Twist handle
Step 2-Hold on!

·
Registered
695 Posts
<--- been riding quite often for over a year...and still no accidents!

I'm not that good of a rider, I'm just real careful most of the time.

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Tommyboy never wears a helmet. I think he said that awhile ago. He enjoyed the wind in his face or something.
I kind of droped it on my 1st day. Tried to u-turn on my street and braked in the middle of it. I didn't fall but I had to let it lie down. Nothing broke, just some stickers got scratched up. But other than that I have never messed up at all. I'm gonna jinx you JDNewman

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
66 Posts
ive been riding sportbikes for 4 years. i never wrecked until i decided to be the wheelie king. i was smart enough to get on the
ol 92 katana and practice. i got pretty good and decided to push
it to the edge. had all my protective crap on though. long story
short, i was trying to pull a 12 o'clock and ended up pulling a
3 o'clock. im much better now though. moral of this story is to
practice your stupid tricks on crappy bikes, or dont do them at all.
Does anyone need a totaled 92 katana?

i refust to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just about dropped my NSR 150 the first day but no close calls from then on just lucky [:p]

fear is like sex everyone needs it everybody wants it sometime in there life

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
so far I have dropped/wrecked both bikes I have ever owned mutilple times ;)

i need to slow down on the street....

oh and

"Tommyboy never wears a helmet. I think he said that awhile ago. He enjoyed the wind in his face or something."

I respect everyones right to choose how they live their life, but he should give up all rights to long term medical care/insurance if he chooses to ride like this and gets seriously hurt doing so. Unless he's not in the states, then I dont give a damn what he does ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have never had 1 single accident but ive come close a few time when old farts in volvos with bowls hats in the back window cut me off :(:(:( car drivers are the worst enemy of bikes, they dont look anywhere near as much as us guys, and then they blame the "bikies" for everything ! STUPID PRICKS !! [}:)]:(

I feel better now ! lol

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
To ride with no helmet in FL you must meet the following 3 criria:
Be at least the age of 21.
Obtain a seperate health insurance plan specifiing coverage with a motorcycle, minimum coverage must be $10,000.
and you must wear propper eye protection (wrap around style)
Also I dont think a lot of you understand why most of us in miami to the keys dont wear a helmet. Besides just the great feeling it is for 2 reasons. #1 It gets so incredible hot here that you risk dehydration and passing out if you wear a helmet. I have a black helmet and it is just the hotest thing. I have read stories in the papers about motorcyclists getting into serious accidents because they passed out from heat exhaustion. The temp. here with the humidity gets above 120 degrees F. Also your always in bumper to bumper traffic here so you have a fan blowing 219 degree air on you. Also my pereferal vision is not limited like it is slightly with a helmet on. TO each their own. When I lived in Jersey I always wore my helmet. But its also cold up there. DJ come down here from canada and try to ride. I garantee your canook ass will pass out.

With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.