Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoe fast do you have to open the throttle in 1st, and up till where (ie full throtle), and do have to lean back...cause i open fast but my front never comes up....

thanks

yes, im a squid, and want to kill myself as fast as i can, hopefully after somebody posts a reply

·
Registered
131 Posts
Newb here too, actually just broke the 1k mark with the new 636! :D However I know that if you have trouble getting the front to come up on a bike you can help it but using the suspension.. if you get off the seat a little (toward the front, don't lean back) and push down on the front forks to compress them, then when they rebound you give it a little throttle and pull at the same time to left the front. It is kind of like when you have it in the power band, cut throttle to dip the nose a little then immediately get back into it and pull. You just aren't compressing the front forks as much as if you were to actually 'jump' and push on them.

I am still trying to find a technique that is comfortable but that was suggested to me by someone I trust.

..and hello to everyone, as this is my first post on these forums.

·
Registered
141 Posts
wow what a post. as for the first gear wheelie- take it up to about25-30 mph and roll the the throttle and then back on fast. I DONT RECOMMEND FIRST GEAR WHEELIES BUT SINCE YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO KILL YOURSELF WHAT THE HELL!!

Also try the stunters corner!!! Take some pics when you crash!!!

G

·
if u have to ask how to do a wheelie, ur not ready (in other words, get 100% comfortable with ur bike first)

good luck!

·
Registered
243 Posts
i can get her up in first by doing that, but second is a different story for me
she comes up a little when i have her in 2nd at around 11k but not much
any tips on that?

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I dont recommend pulling up on the bars like was mentioned. Easiest solution, go down a tooth in front. If you have stock gearing and are having trouble, try when your tank is low and/or when you on an incline. It will be easier. The problem with first is that you will reach redline almost immediately. Just play around until you get used to the feel of the wheel off the ground and then just learn second gear clutch ups, they seem more controllable. Also, if your gonna do to do wheelies, try to find an unpopulated area that is flat. If your on a road with a crown, you'll probably get the handlebars crooked trying to keep it straight and when you come down it might cause a tankslapper. And do I have to mention, where all your gear.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i got ballsy one day and thought i would try full thottle in first. so i got semi-tucked, and opened her up. around 9K rpm it started to power up the front wheel. i wasnt even trying to.

·
Registered
141 Posts
clutch works nice yeah i know!!!! i only had half my gear on. I was testing out my camera setup before i hit the dragon. when i came back down the road, they were standing there taking pics, so i had to pull it up!!!! they made me lol damn cameras lol

sorry bout the second pic,kinda blurry!! that was on the bridge below the "fugitive dam" at the dragon!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
dont really notice mostly by feel but in second anywhere between 30-60 it comes up pretty easy. i have the -1 +2 gearing

Its not really "dumping" the clutch. Its more of just slipping it. A real quick little pull in (just far enough to kinda disengage) and then release while giving it more throttle. Its a "feel" thing that will only come with practice.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the easiest way is to go about 20mph and rev it to about 12500 and let the clutch out pretty fast without dumping it and as you do that hold the throttle wide open and make sure your as far back as you can be on the seat
oh ya and make sure your in 1st gear

youll have to be really aggressive for this technique to be affective.

i assume no responsibility for injuries or fucked up bikes

[xx(]

·
Registered
104 Posts
i was kidding on my last post incase there are any people here that are stupid enough to try that

i dont wanna be responible for some newbie wrecking their new bikes

·
Registered
93 Posts
power wheelies in first gear are good ways to land on your back after you 12 o'clock it

either way, 1st gears shouldnt be tried by anyone that cant get it up with out trying, lean your ass all
the way back in the seat... start moving.. get to about 3 grand punch it and just barely lean back
if your front tire doesnt come off the ground before second.. your too fat.. or your bike is a POS from the factory
and complain to kawi

;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
People People[:DeadHorse2] Do a search or go to the stunter's corner if you guys want some tips on banging wheelies.

·
Registered
85 Posts
if you really want to kill yourself in a wheelie take 1st gear to about 30mph and pull the clutch in, pin the throttle back and then dump the clutch. I promise this will cause you to do one hell of a wheelie. But please do it on a suzuki.

·
Registered
668 Posts
well now that this is in our (stunters) territory we will give you the low down.

roll about 5mph. clutch it up by opengine the throttle and and slipping the clutch simultaneously. be shy on the throttle at first until you get comfy. standup and put your left foot on the pass peg. if it doenst come up gradually give it more and more throttle on the clutch up. lastly cover the rear brake if it comes up to fast. and remember its there. if at anytime things get hairy hit that rear brake.

most important: once up on one...be smooth on the throttle

remember dont do anything out of your abilty and/or something you are not comfy with yet. manbearpig got me this wekend because i was going for someting i wasnt comfortable with and flipped over the front of the bike going about 20-25.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.