Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. The other day I was rding my bike pretty hard off from a set off lights and as i changed gears from 1st to second I must of mis shifted cause i think the bike slipped into neutral, only the neutral light didn't come on. I could heard the cogs catching on one another (not a nice sound, kinda sounds like a rock being flung around in a blender) and after about five seconds there was a crunch (very bad sound) as I upshifted into 2nd. My question is, have i fucked up my gears? Changing from 1st to 2nd is now notchier and clunkier than it used to be. Shifting 2 through to 6 is still pretty smooth. Any advice much appreciated. thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I've had that a couple times on my 02, thought it was a loose chain but I got it checked and it was OK.

The sound is not pleasent for sure, sounds like you said,a rock in a blender. I was more worried it would suddenly lock the rear wheel and toss me, but it went back on.
I have not seen any damage to the sprockets, but did not check the actual gears.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
37 Posts
my 6e does that most of the time from 1st to 2nd. My mechanic said it's fine. He even checked the gears out. No problems.

It all makes Sense in my head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.