Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna start this report off with....I am hooked on track riding! I went to Hockenheimring Germany yesterday to ride the GP course and it was awsome. I arrived to the track at 8 in the AM, downloaded the bike and stood in line for about 45 minutes registration. After all that was over I had like 15 minutes to get my gear on and hit the track.

I am all geared up and head on out for my 1st lap ever when I get waived over by one of the tech insp guys...He wanted to do a DB level check on my bike...105db's at 7k. I thought I was gonna have too pack it up and head home. The max db level is 103 at 7k for all 600's. But the guy was really cool and let me race.

So I am finally on the track...I am so nervous I am think to myself....be calm and just ride. I am getting passed by everyone and their sister...and I am starting to think twice about this whole track rideing thing....is it really for me? After that 1st session I head back to the pits and this guy in the spot next too me comes over for a little chat and tells me too loosen up and just ride. The next session I did just that.

I head out for the second session and me speed and smoothness is slowly coming to me and now its starting to be fun...really fun! I am turning about 1.37-1.40 lap times and I am feeling really good. The really fast guys on this track are turning around a 1.25 or so I must not be doing that bad.

My third session was great.. I was hitting 1.30-1.32 lap time and I felt like I was doing everything just right I was find all the right line and hitting most of my braking points and not getting passed (that much) it was awsome.

My 4th-6th sessions I wasn't keeping track of time I was just trying to be smooth and have fun....because that was what I went for FUN. I learned alot about myself and my bike yesterday...oh and i learned alot about my stock bridgstone tires....NOT FOR THE TRACK!!! They did their job for the most part....and the stuck to the ground for session 1-5 but session 6....they felt like the were sliding a bit coming out of the corners on the gas. So I decided to pack it up on a good note and head to the house...All in all...I had a blast. Now I am in the market for new tires...any sugestions?

·
Registered
995 Posts
pilot powers or qualifiers if you do mostly street with occasional track. but for dedicated track tires, go with race tires like power race or diablo corsas. just make sure you get your suspension dailed in too. speed will come with smoothness...and remember. it's not a race. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.