Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front discs are warped :( only done 6k road miles and 2 laps of the nordschleife.
Pads move freely with zero binding. Must be cheap crappy oe discs.

What do people recommend for replacements? Im not made of money but i'd like a decent set.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That sucks dude! Maybe some ABM rotors? Or Frixxion, they are quite a bit cheaper here in Holland :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Braketech look very nice but are £250 a disc eekkkk
Cant find the other discs recommended.

Any tried ebc contour? Or galfer wavy?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Whatever you do, don't buy those cheap Chinese ones... There are heaps of ppl with those around but I'm yet to see a set that doesn't warp under constant track conditions.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have Alth Full Floating rotors.. I think I paid somewhere in the 250 range for the set. Check them out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well someone told me to check that there actually warped, and that they haven't got crap in the rivots making them none floating. I've put a bit of wd in them and given them a little tap with a hammer, at work im gonna get some compressed air on them to blow the shit out if any.
I've also reset my calipers.

Thought its worth a try before i spend £300+ on new galfers.

·
Powerhungry
38,189 Posts
Well someone told me to check that there actually warped, and that they haven't got crap in the rivots making them none floating. I've put a bit of wd in them and given them a little tap with a hammer, at work im gonna get some compressed air on them to blow the shit out if any.
I've also reset my calipers.

Thought its worth a try before i spend £300+ on new galfers.
if after checking that they arent warped. pull the rotors, and buff them out with a 3m buffing pad. it might be material build up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts