Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done plenty of search's on these thanks...

1. Need to know if anybody has used a 03'/04' PCIII on a 05'/06' and made it work. Dynojet first told me it was just a part# diff. for inventory reasons and it would work. Now they say the throttle went from some crimps to OEM connector???

Can I make this work????

2. A buddy is wanting me to do the BMC Filter when I do the PCIII and exhaust. He said I will notice a decent diff.

Who has done the filter and which is best????

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just took my airfilter out dam its dirty theirs all kinds of insects in there found a bee,feathers,those big ass mosquito it looks like those sticky traps for insects..and just put on a k&n airfilter.ill let u know later when i ride it to the gym tonight..

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'm not an expert but I think it would be extremely difficult to make it work because the connectors, and perhaps the wiring, are different. You would need to know a great deal about the wiring (Bike and PC3) to do it right. Again, I'm not expert so take my comments with a grain of salt. Good luck.[:p]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes there is a diference in the wiring but not much. Just something to do with the throttle connection...crimp vs. OEM???? Main connector connects fine, so I've been told;)

Just trying to find someone who has tried it.......this weekend I will find out for myself.

Also nobody has done the air filter???

·
Registered
338 Posts
i got the Muzzy full system with the PCIII and i could feel a difference.. more mid to top end... also depends on the map you put on the PCIII.. im running a little rich right now (the occational back fire with flame...from what my friend saw)..
Next step for me is K&N Filter, upgrade plugs, then Dyno w/ custom map.. ill tell ya once i get it..
But if i could feel a diff between stock and pcIII w/ full system, i would probably feel a lot more with air filter and dyno. more air/fuel..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.