Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) How much knocking is normal on an 06 636? I started the bike up the other day and heard the knocking. Its quiet but unnerving. Checked the oil and it was at the bottom line so I added a bit. Started back up and same noise. Rode around for a bit and temp was at about 180F and stopped at a light and the noise wasn't there. What is up, is this normal? Am i not letting the bike warm up enough?

2.) Also when the bike is cold. When I am clutched and stopping w/ front brake only there is a noticeable shutter/shake coming from the front brake. Only happens for the first 3 to 4 stops the n brakes as normal. What could be causing this? Should I just bit the bullet and bring it to the shop?

Bike is an 06 636, 2600 miles, 3 oil changes, jumper mod only.
Thanks for the feedback...

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
1st if you have a 2006 isnt it under warranty?

question #1...not to sure what you mean by knocking,as far as oil i always keep mine towards the top of the line..what oil you running as well?

Question #2..Sounds like you need to use a green 3m pad on there with some brakeleen as the rotors can get fouled/gummed up and it may just need to be cleaned up...had this happen with my 2005

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
The noise is probably just the normal kawi tick. It drives me nuts sometimes. Tick tick tick, will it ever stop? It seems to go away after it's warmed up and ridden a few miles. As for the brakes, I'm not sure what to suggest. Is your front suspension dialed in? Set the same on both sides?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.