Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
depends on what kind fo race, and how long of a stretch you have to do it..the 250 dirt bike will win on the low end, but unless the 250cc 2stroke will do 120+ and stay there, the 250 will come up on it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have a kx250 and no, the ninja cant touch it under 80mph. and if the kx250 were geared to do 100MPH then no it wouldnt touch it ever. the kx250 is about twice the horsepower and half the weight

·
Registered
336 Posts
its a dirt bike, put em on pavement and i can pretty much garentee you whe ninja will win. the dirt bike wont be able to keep both tires on the ground! plus the ninja will have more traction. been around dirtbikes all my life and i can say that if you have a rider that can speed shift, the dirtbike wont touch it. (time out, dont flame me for this!) just my .02

·
Registered
336 Posts
yea my son has a crf80 that will do 57 on the dot and it will run the hell out of the 250 but i dont think a suzuki could do that. ( i believe firmly on a honda in the dirt!) and think about it the ninja is for street, you would think it would preforme better? wouldnt you?

·
Registered
140 Posts
the ex 250 is designed as a "grocery getter".. sure the 250 has more top end power that can take it to 120ish, but a 4 stroke 250 is nothing compared to the low end of a 2stroke..its just one of the many differences from a 2 and a 4 stroke engine... also, if you gear the 2stroke 250 right, it'll outrun the ex 250 from 0-120+

·
Registered
336 Posts
dam those lil shits will do that? who would want to do that? it would put you on your ass, its intended for dirt, and who in the hell would wanna go 120 on dirt? plus i dont like a 2 stroke cuz i burn the rings in them every time i get on it. hell we could argue about this all night but i get what you mean, a 2 stroke does have more low end than ANY 4 stroke out there. and hwat do you mean a "grocery getter" if you think of it as that why do you ride one? [:M68]

·
Registered
140 Posts
well see. if someone were to turn their 250 2 stroke dirt bike into a motard, they'd gear it for the road course which would keep from burning up the engine.. and not every 2 stroke will take a 4, but an aprillia rs 250 will give an r6, or any 600 or maybe 750 SS bike a run for their money.

And calling the 250 the grocery getter is what people have always described it as..its cheap on gas, its user friendly, its not too powerful..etc

·
Registered
336 Posts
yea i thought you were calling it that. and as far as the aprilla taking the other bikes, i dont see it happining any tine soon. the aprilla migh get them in the start and in the twisties bit on a track you can forget it. just my .02

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by Kurbycar32
the RS250 is a real race bike. its got more power, it weighs less and would spank an ex250 on the track
on the track? are you talking about dirt i hope?

·
Registered
336 Posts
sorry but i dont see that happening, but i have never rode a rs250. [^]

·
Registered
336 Posts
really? aint the rs250 made for dirt? well we could discus this all day and all night, and i really dont know anything about the rs250 so i give up. (but i still dont see how! [^] )

·
Registered
336 Posts
prolly, i have no clue. i thought the rs250 was made by suzuki i know [:Repost]. yea and like i have learned from experience, a 2 stroke will prolly beat a 4 in a straight line but in the long run, a 4 stroke will win all the time everytime. i have burn the rings in a 2 stroke so many times, i have went strictly 4 stroke. i have not rode a 2 stroke in about 3 years, only because they cost to much to be fixing allthe time. i have a buddy that has a 125 2 stroke kawi with powerbands and my sons honds crf 80 will smoke it til the power curve of the bands kick in and even then the kawi dont get to to far away. so thats why i would say the 250cc dirt bnike would win.

·
Registered
140 Posts
the difference between 2stroke dirtbikes and 2 stroke road race bikes is almost like night and day. dirt 2 strokes arent ment to ti be drag raced. thats. the rs 250 can run at highspeeds for a much longer time because its a 2 stroke v twin. instead of a single cylinder big bore motor thats meant to constantly be shifting up and down.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.