Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im only 16, and i always wanted a steetbike but my parents said ill kill myself too quickly. and my dads a doctor so hes against motorcycles to they call em donorcycles or whatever. but anyways to my point, my parents let me buy a dirtbike first, and i must ride it for 2 years before i get a streetbike which is fine with me. and i have 3000 dollars right now to spend on a bike, and is just so happens my friend is selling his 2001 Honda CR 125 for 2600. the bike is upgraded, extra set of plastics, pipe, and a few other things(and a green sticker till 2005). but as i did my research i have found out that 2 strokes will be banned in 2006, would this mean i couldn't ride that honda anymore? cause i was also lookin at a new 2003 yz250f but tahts around 5,500 bucks.

So my question is. Should i take the cr 125, its a very clean bike and all. or should i save up my money and buy a yz250f. And what is this about the banning of 2 strokes in 2006, does that mean that bikes MADE after 2002 cannot be ridden anymore anywhere, and still allows 2001 year and below to still able to be riden anywhere?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I think you should buy the CR125, and save up as much money as you can so you can buy a badass sportbike when your parents allow. As far as the 2 stroke ban goes, I've never heard anything about that, but my guess is, if they pass the ban in 2006, bike manufacturers will simply stop manufacturing 2 stroke engines. I don't think they'll make it illegal to ride a 2 stroke, just illegal to produce them. Don't quote me though, that's just a guess.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Damn Dan the Whopper Man,

I believe you won't be able to buy a NEW two-stroke come 2006. I'm pretty sure you'll be allowed to ride it on the trails. Then again, that law could change as well. Go for the 125 simply because parts are plentiful and cheap whereas with a four-stroke you'll pay through the nose for anything to even lightly modify the bike.

You need to go to law school so you can reverse that back-asswards environmental bullshit law.

All the best!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.