Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is one of the cleanest looking bikes I've seen (trim wise)... nice work [8D], really diggin' the gold accents.

Now just chop of the rear fender and we won't notice the rack as much ;)

'02 Green ZX-6R Limited Edition

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well before I found this forum, I was totally stoked with my bike, but after seeing all of the 636's and zx6rr's on here, I've got a touch of the green eyed monster's happening.....

I've been bike-less for the past 5 years (I'm a scuba instructor and couldn't afford the van and bike + all insurances and rego while saving for a house. Now that we have the house, I've been able to get back into riding. I've got to say that my J1 beats the hell out of the 1990 GPZ900R I used to blat around on!

Anyway, here is my pride and joy. It has custom paint (nearly resembles the '03 zx12). Don't mock me because of the ventura rack either. This bike is also my only transport to work so the rack is a must. Next is a new pipe and I'm looking at the mods you guys have been doing to the rear guard.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Hey Aussie,

That bike looks real clean.

I would say put on some black frame sliders.

Also to help with the gold look I'd say maybe put on some color matched bar ends as you don't have much gold up top. Also you could even paint the mirror/fairing support bracket gold (whatever that's called) and I think that would look cool too and that would give you just the right balance of gold up top and down below.

Also you got the right idea, chop that rear mud guard down. It's rear easy, and dramatically improves the look of the bike.

-Flash

PS: I bet you can fit a lot of Sheila's on the rack on the back. [:p][:p]

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Geeeez, you know, I LOVE that gold frame / rims / etc... looks sweet.

As for the rack on the back... hmmmmm... no comment... ;)[}:)]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the comments.

Does anyone know of the mod for changing the rear indicators? It looks as though you can cut them down a bit shorter so they don't stick out so far. Is it just a matter of removing them, cutting down the stalks and refitting them?

·
Registered
130 Posts
dude that looks really good i was thinking of something like that but instead of powdercoating i was going to get it gold plated but you bike is sweet you should get a www.graphicartmotodesign.com under tail and som flush mounts in front and that will be sweet

ASS,GRASS,OR GAS NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE! THE TANK IS FULL AND I DONT SMOKE SO FIGURE IT OUT

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aussie, most people here have removed the rear fender and replaced their rear signals with short stalks (which aren't nearly as bulky as the stock ones).... easy and inexpensive mods to do.

'02 Green ZX-6R Limited Edition

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Mad props on your bike aussie! That paint job be SICK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.