Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the option to buy a 2000 Ninja 250R for $1300. It needs new rear brake pads and new tires. I can buy the bike and get new tires and brake pads for a total of $1500 dollars. It has 8000 miles. How much do you think I could turn around and sell it for with new tires?

·
Registered
647 Posts
the pre-08s are not called 250r. they are called ex250:cool:

and for all those seriousnessers it was a joke. i know the 08's are like ex250j or whatever.

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
I would think less than 2k. Later year(03-07ish) 250s are going for around 2500 depending on miles/condition/etc. If I was shopping I'd spend the 500 dollar different for a little newer example.

If the bike is 1300 and you're going to buy it, might as well keep it as a backup or a daily driver.

2000obo would be a good price though I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well there's a large dent in the tank but a tank bra should cover it. I'm only going to buy it if the general consensus is I can definitely sell it for more than I'll be paying for it. I'm trying to raise money to by myself a new bike.

·
Registered
448 Posts
How can you possibly expect anyone to give you an intelligent estimate on the value of a bike sight unseen? Even with pictures. there are just too many variables re: the inner workings of the bike to give any kind of valuation. I can't believe that you would really buy this bike expecting to make money on a resale based on the recommendations of people who have never seen it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.