Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here(and to biking) and was wondering if yall could give me some buying tips, heres the bike im looking at buying... 2000 250 ninja, why do other ninjas look different? this one has a naked frame, why is that?

thanks in advance.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
dude, this post is about as bland as white bread. What tips are you looking for? throw us a bone here....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ontairo canada, also frogot to add, the person is asking 3500, with 4000km on the clock, is that too much?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dude, this post is about as bland as white bread. What tips are you looking for? throw us a bone here....
well, since ive never bought a motorcycle used before, what are some tell tale signs of abuse, mechainical mess ups and things off that sort, also price seems high, is this so?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The bike you are looking at appears to be a zzr-250 (ex-250H). Here is some info from the web. Sorry, I have no idea what the current value is.

Third generation
  • EX250-F - The most widespread version of the motorcycle, it was sold between 1988 and 2007 in the U.S.. Canada received the model between 1988 and 1999, and it was available elsewhere as the GPX-250R as early as 1987.
  • EX250-G - Never sold in North America, this version was known as the GPX-250R-II. It sported dual front brakes, which slowed a wider wheel and tire (110/80-16). All other parts where identical to the -F model. It was sold after 1988.

A 1998 EX250-H

• EX250-H - This model came to Canada as the Ninja 250R between 2000 and 2001, after which it received a new name: ZZR-250, in line with the -H model's name elsewhere in the world, where it had existed since 1992. This motorcycle has few parts in common with the -F model, though it shares the same engine (with different casings). It sports a lateral aluminum frame, larger (17") wheels, an adjustable rear shock absorber, adjustable brake and clutch levers, a smaller drive sprocket, computer-controlled timing advance, and a revised electrical system.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
ontairo canada, also frogot to add, the person is asking 3500, with 4000km on the clock, is that too much?
well, since ive never bought a motorcycle used before, what are some tell tale signs of abuse, mechainical mess ups and things off that sort, also price seems high, is this so?
well a 30 second search told me that a 200 EX250 goes for 1880 USD... and the guy is asking for a little over 3300 USD... so too much? you tell me. but maybe I'm

as far as signs of abuse... have you searched that on the internet yourself at all? If not, don't give me the "well that is why I came here" line. Do some searching.

- dents on frame gas tank, etc
- bar ends scratched
- levers are super loose
- levers are different colors (don't match)
- rust inside gas tank
- globs of rubber on the underside of the bike (rear tire)

just to name a few

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so its a ninja 250R, as apposted to a ninja 250, great good to know.

i posted some Questions above, and thanks for the answers guys!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ofcourse i did some searching, but getting the most ipinions i can find is the best possible plan, also this is a kawasaki fourm, not an all motorcycle fourm, therefore more quailty answers (i find) will come from here.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
oh and the mileage or "kilometerage" is pretty low. That is a 2000 and it has just over 4k on it. My 2006 636 has somewhere between 27k and 28k miles on it... so about 43k to 45k km... so yeah 4k is super low.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
ok so its a ninja 250R, as apposted to a ninja 250, great good to know.

i posted some Questions above, and thanks for the answers guys!
no, it's a zzr-250. it was a canada only bike (not imported to the US) and has upgraded suspension, wheels and frame over the regular ex-250. I know it's confusing, but you need to search out prices for a zzr-250 to establish it's true value, and with these bikes only being sold in Canada, responses will be slim with any useful ( :rolleyes: ) info.

wish you luck... let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so that will inflate the price, the seller says shes put 450km on it in a year and she is scared of it, thats why she hasent drivin it. she bought it a year ago.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Bike looks to be in pretty nice shape from the pics... I just don't know what the market price is for a bike like that. Perhaps someone from Canada can help you more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
- dents on frame gas tank, etc
- bar ends scratched
- levers are super loose
- levers are different colors (don't match)
- rust inside gas tank
- globs of rubber on the underside of the bike (rear tire)

just to name a few[/QUOTE]

that will def. help me, anything else form anyone else?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, i was looking at buying a 125CBR, but alot of people ive talked to say its to small and i will out grow it.

the 250R is better im thinking, any opions on that?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts