Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo! First post here. I've got a 2000 Sixxer with about 18,500 miles on it, and had it dyno'ed a few months ago. I live in Denver (high altitude), and the only fuel system change I have made is the addition of a K&N filter to try and get a little more oxygen in there.

The dyno run showed two very distinct stumbles, one around 6-7k rpm, and the other around 12k rpm. The data just flattened out through there, which I found concerning. Overall, the power was lower than I would like to see (around 91hp), and those stumbles are worrying.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what is causing these stumbles? I am sure there is a good reason related to the jetting and the airflow, but I haven't done any tinkering with that ever. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Unlike women, my motorcycle likes a little gas.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yup, and the cause is where you live. Denver's air is much thinner than what can be found at sea level. Since there's less oxygen in the air, you are running too rich. Which gets even worse when you go up to higher elevations, say Nederland on the Peak to Peak Highway.

Whay you need to do is have the bike completely rejetted. And you are going to have to talk to several service managers at several dealerships to find out who is actually going to change the jets, run it on the dyno, change the jets, dyno it again, and keep doing so until they get the entire powerband smoothed out.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.