Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am new to this forum so forgive me if I posted in the wrong place. Anyways wanted to ask a questions. I recently had a 20mph crash the right and front fairing had to be replaced and the tank needed to be repainted as the resulth. When I picked the bike back up it started up and I rode it back home no problem. I toke the fairing and gas tanks off got fiberglass and gave it to a local paintshop to paint it for me I replaced the fairings and it looks like new but when I went for a spin I noticed that as soon as I go to second gear and open the throttle it keeps jumping and you can feel that the gas is going off and on (the engine doesn't get enough gas) I opened the gas tank up tested all the piped and made sure I got it right but still same problem. If someone here can help I would be very appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Make sure the petcock is in the on position and also make sure the tank vent lines are open and clear. Check inside them to make sure the paint shop didn't stuff tape in them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Today I opened everything up again, checked all the pipes and the petcock and there is no problem with gas flow. I even changed air filter, sprak plugs, oil and oil filter still nothing. I am starting to think maybe it is the transmission.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Give us a little more detail on the problem. Why do you think it might be the tranny? Could it be the bike hasn't been ridden in a while and the carbs need to be cleaned? Bad gas? Does the bike run perfect in first up through the rpm range? Does it lay over in second only? Maybe we can pinpoint your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the reply's. I solved the problem today. Don't know what it was exactly because I did lots of stuff. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.