Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little biased obviously, but what bike is better for an all around ride. Long trips track and comfort. Fuel injected vs. carbed, about the same weight. Real opinions not just for dedication to this board.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Those two bikes are so similar, that you might as well buy whichever one comes in the colour you prefer. Seriously.

The 2001 ZX-6R is a nice bike, but it's not much different to the F4i in terms of the riding experience. The fuel injection of the Honda makes it a nicer bike to ride at very low rpm (under 3,000rpm), but apart from that, neither bike is really better than the other.

Both are very good all-round bikes. The Honda's suspension is probably a bit better than the Kawasaki's, but again, the ZX-6R's suspension isn't bad by any means.

My personal opinion is that Hondas are refined to perfection, which makes them uninteresting and bland to ride. They do everything well, they just aren't exciting. The '00-'02 ZX-6R is the most bland of the ZX-6Rs (in my opinion) and it is a similar bike to the F4i to ride.

You'll get other people disagreeing with me (especially those who own '00-'02 ZX-6Rs, and '05-'06 ZZR600s, which are the same bike), and they will have some good points to make about the differences between the bikes, but the two bikes really are very similar. The biggest differences between them are the riding position/seat comfort, and styling/colours.

I have to say that I think the ZX-6R is the better bike for long trips, simply because of the shape of the seat. The F4i seat is shaped so that your weight is always on the same place on your bum, no matter where you sit on the seat, whereas if you move around on the ZX-6R seat, you can change the pressure points on your bum, which will enable you to ride further before (and possibly without) getting a sore bum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.