Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any have a 2000 zx6r shop manual that they could email or mail me the pages about carb removal and where the different jets are for installing a jet kit? I just got my Ivan's get kit today and thought it would be a snap, even without the shop manual but boy was I wrong. So now I have the bike sitting in the garage with the tank and air box off and I have no idea where to go from there. So if anyone could email me the pics from the shop manual page or mail me them I would appreciate it very much. Thank you
[email protected]

·
Registered
303 Posts
i'm at work right now so i dont have access to my manual but i could try to help you out anyways.. if you have the airbox off its simple.. there is an electrical plug on the right side of the carbs that needs to be unplugged... also take off the fuel line that puts fuel into the carbs.. its located in the center of the middle two carbs. you can't miss it.. also unhook the idle adjustment on the left side of the bike..... now to remove the carbs from the bike you need to locate the clamps that hold the carbs to the intake.. you have to get to them from the front side of the carbs.. loosen them and pull up.. the carbs will then come off...be sure not to drop anything into the intakes...the first time i pulled my carbs off they were kind of a pain in the ass.. just pull up they will come off... hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BS, I got the carbs off and the bottom to the floats open now to install this Ivan's jet kit :( Now my problem is that I do not know where the jets are located that they are talking about. Any help in that area?
Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
i have never seen a ivan's kit but i had a Dynojet kit and it didn't come with main jets.. all it had was different slow air jets... if you look at the top of the cabrs you will see a gold jet... those are the air jets(which i was to replace).. the kit i had gave me two jets for the two carbs on the outside and two different jets for the inside two carbs........................... ok i just looked at ivans website and saw a picture of the kit... the gold jets in the kit are the air jets... make sure you read the directions so you get the right jet in the right carb...

the drill bit is used to drill out the plug for the air mixture screw... you have to find a gold cap.. its circular and has a very small hole in the center of it... there is one on each carb... the air mixture screw is underneath that.. use the drill to drill a hole in the cap(becareful to not drill the screw on the other side)... once drilled look at your directions to see how many times you turn the air mixture screw(my kit called for 2 turns out)...

the needles are a little more tricky... you have to take the large black cap that covers one side of the carb, its held on by 3 screws... underneat that you will see a rubber diaphram(becareful they are east to break) remove that and and the needle will come with it... i use needle nose pliars to remove the cap that holds the needle on to the diaphram... now just take the needle off and just remember how it all goes back together... there will be a washer and a plastic spacer on the needle... and just reverse the steps to install.. and also remember the spring that goes under the black cap...
i would suggest doing one carb at a time for the first time... good luck.. hope this helps..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok on the ivans instructions all the jets are in one pack and seem to be the same. It says the main jet is # 140 It says use drill bit to enlarge main air jet screw. And I have to adjust the float height to 7mm, clip position # 3 on needle. Next to the floats on the bottom which are the main jet and which is the main air jet. And which are the mixture screw plus which need to be drilled out also?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.