Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first bike and I'm picking up a repo'd 2000 ZX6R with 2K miles, mint condition for $3200. Pretty much thought that I'm getting a pretty dang good deal.

Anyway, can you all give me some tips on winterizing, insurance (Ohio resident), riding classes (it's been a long time)?

Any other info/advice would be beneficial. Thanks all...great site!

MWBC

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome...where to start. For insurance shop around. Messages on the board show a broad span of costs from many different companies. Being your first bike it might trying to find a company that will want to insure you. Progressive will take anybody for the most part. Shop for the best price on the coverage you want.

Take a Motorcycle Safety Course it will help the insurance costs and put you on track on the bike.

For winter you'll want to change the oil, put Stabil in the gas tank and fill it to the top and give the bike a run for a couple miles to get the stabilizer through the fuel system. Take out the battery and bring it in the house and get a battery tender to maintain the charge.

If this is your first sportbike hang on...everyone gets the impression its "only a 600" a good beginner bike...well is a rocketship on two wheels...respect that. Good Luck and check the board regularly...there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here...take advantage of this great site.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:
Welcome...where to start. For insurance shop around. Messages on the board show a broad span of costs from many different companies. Being your first bike it might trying to find a company that will want to insure you. Progressive will take anybody for the most part. Shop for the best price on the coverage you want.

Take a Motorcycle Safety Course it will help the insurance costs and put you on track on the bike.

For winter you'll want to change the oil, put Stabil in the gas tank and fill it to the top and give the bike a run for a couple miles to get the stabilizer through the fuel system. Take out the battery and bring it in the house and get a battery tender to maintain the charge.

If this is your first sportbike hang on...everyone gets the impression its "only a 600" a good beginner bike...well is a rocketship on two wheels...respect that. Good Luck and check the board regularly...there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here...take advantage of this great site.
Thanks much Unreel.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The other option for winter is to ride. I live in NE PA and even though it snows there are plenty of days that hit 50 and you can get out and ride. I put stabilizer in my gas and keep the battery tender going so on a nice day the cover comes off the garage opens and I'm gone. No better fix for the winter blues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.