Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i found i bike today and am planing on buying it on tuesday. He wanted 5500 for it and i talked him down to 5000. He is going to give me gloves and new jacket and a helmet. It only has 3500 miles on it. What do you all think. It is in perfect shape and is stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like a good price, especially with the goodies thrown in. Motorcycle Consumer News' value guide lists a 2001 at $5215. I got my 2002 for $5000, but then I knew the person selling it. I, too, got some extras- a Yoshi exhaust, aftermarket windscreen, and some carbon bits, as well as a new rear tire and fresh oil change. Hope all goes well with your purchase. Let us know!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
that wht I sold my 2001 for. with 2 helmets and smoke wind screen.

good deal

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's not a bad deal at all, if it is in perfect shape. I'm sure you've checked the blue book, which retails at about $5800 and has a trade-in value of $4100, but I'm willing to bet he'd go as low as $4800. Your call, of course...good luck.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
yeah but blue book doesn't even matter, at least not here in NY. i have been trying to sell my 2002 for $4500, and i can't even get that. I think I'm going to end up taking $3500 for it. It's a beautiful bike and according to BB i should be able to get $6200. $3500 is almost half that and a third of what i paid for it.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
A used helmet is useless!! You don't know its past history, if its been dropped and you go down in the same spot... Its all over man... I wouldn't use it. Not even as a pillion lid.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he is a detective and said the helmet has never been droped. I know it's a risk but i trust him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.