Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U need an undertail!

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or you could just hack away the excess mudflap. It still cleans the bike real good and saves you plenty of dough.

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
321 Posts
Saw the posting for the 03 mudguard removal, is it similar to the 01? Also wondering how it would look, or do I need an undertail?

Thanks, AL

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
To answer your original question, NO, the '03 and '01 are nothing alike in the undertail... the '03's have a removable mudguard, the '01's do not. You'll have to buy an undertail for the '01's if you want to take off the fender completely. Look under yours, you'll see it's all one piece black plastic. The '03's have a color-matched undertail with a small black mudguard piece that can be taken off as described, leaving a nice smooth same-color undertail. Most guys with pre-03's get a nice effect however just by cutting off the excess mudguard below the storage box, and remounting signals and plate.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.