Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so my 2001 ZX6r has recently run into an issue of it losing power while riding. I'll be going and it'll completely lose all electrical power to everything. The gauges will stop working, no lights, nothing. If I pop the 30 amp fuse out and put it back in it returns back to normal. Has anyone run into a problem like this or know what it could possibly be?
Here's a video of it happening:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I haven't tried that, but doesn't it need the fuse to complete the connection in the relay?
Reseat = Pull out then put back in.

So what I meant was, once it dies, what does it do if you don't do anything with the fuse, but instead try to restart it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reseat = Pull out then put back in.

So what I meant was, once it dies, what does it do if you don't do anything with the fuse, but instead try to restart it?
Oh duh! My bad! No I can’t even restart it because there’s no power at all. The gauges don’t work, no lights, nothing. So I have to reseat the fuse to get any power to the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
sounds like a loose contact....pulling and incerting the fuse temporarily reconnects........might need to tweak a connection , the female side likes to get loose.......lol, incert joke here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts