Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
sounds good, i've got the muzzy full race titanium on my track bike and it howls:D You should get a get good boost with that

·
Registered
87 Posts
sounds good but a little quiet 4 me. I have a muzzy on my 1995 zx6r but went with a two brothers on my 2000 zx6r gives it more of a superbike sound

·
Registered
471 Posts
Muzzy's have a destinctly loud tone, I rock a D&D and i dont think its compareable (here comes the D&D bashing). I think they sound great, just not my style.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Muzzy...now that's a great exhaust. That's one of the reasons I sometimes miss my 00 ZX6R. Maybe they will make a shorty exhaust for my GSX-R600.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by Chicagois2

did you rejet it? k/n? carb balancE?
Yea that exhaust is on my track bike, It has a k&n filter, carb rejet, ignition advance and redid the top end with a race kit.

on my street bike I just slapped on a GPR slip on, didn't rejet and didn't need to.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks... I'm interested in rejetting and adding a k/n filter to it. How noticeable is the diff? I've got 2 friends with the 06 zzr, one of them is complete stock, the other has a slip on jardine. Shouldn't my bike outrun theirs? I'm about to start a new thread for this question....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by Chicagois2
ok thanks... I'm interested in rejetting and adding a k/n filter to it. How noticeable is the diff? I've got 2 friends with the 06 zzr, one of them is complete stock, the other has a slip on jardine. Shouldn't my bike outrun theirs? I'm about to start a new thread for this question....
The 05'-07' zzr600 is the same bike as the 02 zx6r (the rear shock has a diff spring). The 02' zx6r had a few changes made to it and I think it had a few more ponies. If you take the 01' and put an exhaust on it and rejet and filter you should be a little up on the stocker. You might also consider doing the 520 chain conversion and going +1 rear sprocket and -1 front.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what's the 520 chain gonna do? what's the -1/+1 gonna do? If it means that I'll get more acceleration, then cool. I think the mature decision is to go with more accel than top end... i don't need to push this bike any more than the 160 it does.

·
Registered
394 Posts
the 520 chain is a little lighter, so its a little less mass, and the sprocket change will lower your gearing overall and help with out of the whole and mid range acceleration. It will hurt you a little on the top end but not much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.