Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i jsut bought a bike and on the title sheet it said that it was a 2002 model. But the VIN number said that it was a J1 model is that normal?

YellowNinja

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea that really weird. I just change the title today and it list it as a 2002 Kawk. The frame and the engine match up with the title too. weird. Any clues to what happen?

Yellowninja

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm....yea thats what i was thinking but its a clear title also on the right side sticker it also says the VIN number and has the date 09/01. i thought J1 was a 2000.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
u sure its a clear title? did you buy it from a dealer?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea ill look it over. but i was shocked because whe i got a qoute for my insurance the guy tol dit its gonna be 70 dollar cheaper because it is a J1. He got that from the vin.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay..thanks for the advice greenenvy. i went back and checked the vin number on the stem. Its the engraved one and yea it matches =\. So the stikcer on left side of the frame, right side of the frame, stem engraving, and engine vin all matched. And all has the "J1" in the numbers. I also wanted to point out again that this manufactor date on the right side of the frame as the manufactorer date as 9/01. Do you all think i should call kawasaki up and ask if they can check. I really don't know whats the proble. Thanks for your help.And yea i bought this bike from a individual but he bought it from the dealer and it has the same VIN when the dealer sold it to him on the old title.
Thanks again,
YelloNinja

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea its the color scheme of the 2002. the only thing that threw me off was when the progressive operator told me thats its a J1 when i gave him the VIN number. I was like huh, but he said it saved me 70 bucks so i was jsut thrilled at the price then i got off the phone and it didn't make since becuase the manual said the 2002 was a j3.

YellowNinja

·
Registered
940 Posts
what color are the rims?

I think the '01 were yellow and the '02 were black

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine just look liek yours sabbadoo. yea it comes with the black rims. I gotta thanks for everyone help. even though i don't post daily this website is in my daily favorites. i already done some mods to my bike due to this website. And is how much was that exhaust sabbadoo. Also is it nice sounding. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
My vin number also says J1 and I looked it up in kawasaki's web site and it is an 02.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool, that makes me feel better that i am not the only one. I guess its cool that progreesive considered my bike as a J1. saves me money for a exhaust. =)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by YellowNinja
Cool, that makes me feel better that i am not the only one. I guess its cool that progreesive considered my bike as a J1. saves me money for a exhaust. =)
so it normal not a [:M25] [:eek:)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.