Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was no comparison when I raced my friends '02 last thursday. We ran 3 times and it went something like this. Run #1- I took him by at least 8 bike lengths (about 1/4 mile distance). Run #2- Shifted into second but I guess I didn't click it all the way up so I redlined it in neutral, tried again and caught it this time. I still managed to take him by about 4 bike lengths. Run #3- Flawless shifting up to about 12 1/2 rpms in first and second and it was the same story as run #1. I've only been riding for about 3 months and he has been at it for about a year and a half so either I'm already that much better than him or the '03 636 is the $hit. I'd have to go with my second theory.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Don't mean to be a jerk but 1/4th mile = 5280ft/4 = 1320feet = 15,840inches. 636 length is about 80 inches. therefore 1/4th mile = 198 bike lengths.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by TommyV

I think he means that the race was about 1/4 mile long, not his lead on the guy.
hahaha I didn't think of that intrepretation. :D If that's true, my bad! Sorry, Tickman636!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
LOL.

-Flash

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
That was hilarious.
I remember when I raced my friend with his 2000. I won the first one, and then the second I hit nuetral (I was clutching at the time) and then the third I forgot to change gears (yeah, I know). But then I beat him 4th and 5th :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Originally posted by micty

Don't mean to be a jerk but 1/4th mile = 5280ft/4 = 1320feet = 15,840inches. 636 length is about 80 inches. therefore 1/4th mile = 198 bike lengths.
I'm doing some calculus today at work, would you like to help?!
;)

Just messin, that was a great point...(and a good way to shed light on a "big fish" story)

Congrats on the kill Tickman636!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.