Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 02 zx6r and I've been searching and I'm failing at finding aftermarket headers for my bike. I have a micron slip on but stock headers, would like to upgrade anyone that can hook it up, I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Use 03-04 stock headers... I don't know if they will match your slip on, but the stock headers are the size of aftermarket ones for your '02.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
OP what you have is a bolt-on, not a slip-on exhaust. Your muffler will not match up to 03/04 ZX6R headers or any aftermarket headers. You're having no luck finding a full exhaust system for your bike? Seems odd. I personally don't believe a full exhaust is worth the money for a street bike, but we all do what we like because it's what we like.

03/04 ZX6R headers and exhaust system will bolt up to your bike, but some have issues with the collector contacting the oil pan. You can bolt the headers on and tweak the headers down to make a little clearance, or you can use the oil pan off of an 03/04 ZX6R. For the guys that have the collector touching the pan, from what I understand it's not a big deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts