Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my first post.
Been riding since the beginning of last year.

Heard about this forum from cycleforums.com

Looks pretty good, think I'll stay for a bit.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Yea the US did not get that silver in 02, so you'll only see it online for the most part.
There was a silver in 00 or 01 in the US, but it had the old decal package on it.

I came sooooooooo close to getting silver instead of green.. but in the end the green machine called to me more.
Silver looks damn good.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Damn, the silver is bad ass! I like that.

Welcome aboard.

-Flash

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
No mods yet?

-Flash

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey,
First post, nice site:D, ill be here as long as the ZX is here.

Nice ride, i picked up the same one in May
troyasaki has attached this file: ninja4.jpg

Nothing half way about it ZX says it all [:M46]

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Damn that 02 in silver looks BADASS!! I probably would have bought that had it been offered in the U.S.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I felt like I was the only one in Ontario on a Silver ZX-6R. I still haven't seen one other than my own. But at least I know they're out there now.

Cool.

The silver Kawi was by far the coolest looking bike of last year.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I hear you on that being the only one around in your area. There is one around in my area and from time to time im sometimes mistaken for him. lol sweet ride! have you done anything to it yet?? A bud of my dropped his bike again surprize surprize but he picked up a sweet deal on another pipe and sold me his tri oval carbon fiber yosh pipe fitted for a F4 for $100 (4 mounths old). it has alittle scrape that im going to take of and im going to have it fitted for my bike really soon!

Theres nothing half way about it ZX says it all! [:M68]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Jotz/troyasaki/IrishRider,

I also have an '02 silver/black model. We are lucky to have this one since it's pretty rare. It my opinion, it's the best colour combo that Kawi produced. It's good to see that I'm not the only one that share my same colour choice.

Cheers!

Robbie
'02 silver/black

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Hypnotoad,

Congrats on the new bike! Any mods on it? On my bike, I shaved off the mudguard, installed a double/bubble wind screen, indiglo gauges and an Akro carbon fibre bolt-on pipe. I'm not too sure what other mods I will do but I'm 100% happy with my '02 model.

Cheers!

Robbie
'02 silver/black

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks man! Love the 02.... since its so big compared to the new crop of 600's, everyone thinks its a litre bike. I don't plan on any changes until next year.. the first thing I'll do is the undertail and get rid of the mudguard and relocate the licence plate.

Can you post a pic of your bike with the shaved guard?

Originally posted by Robbie

Hey Hypnotoad,

Congrats on the new bike! Any mods on it? On my bike, I shaved off the mudguard, installed a double/bubble wind screen, indiglo gauges and an Akro carbon fibre bolt-on pipe. I'm not too sure what other mods I will do but I'm 100% happy with my '02 model.

Cheers!

Robbie
'02 silver/black

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Hypnotoad,

I don't have any current pics of the shaved mud guard but give me some time and I'll snap some soon. All I simply did was relocate the license plate from it's stock place on the license holder to right underneath the rear brake light using two bolts and locking nuts. I measured the hole location with the license plate and drilled through where the luggage compartment is so the hardware would hold the license plate squarely. But before installing the plate, I used a hack saw to cut off the mud guard. The hack saw is the best tool since it cuts through thin plastic like butter and the blade is mainly used for cutting metal. From there, I filed down the edges and attached the plate and that's it. Don't worry, I'll provide some pics soon.

Cheers!

Robbie
'02 - silver/black

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.