Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1757 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw nugix was looking for a 6R picture thread and couldnt find one. Lets start one , and make it a sticky , just pictures of the 2003-2004 model kawasaki ZX-6R. Heres a few pics of my baby

pics arent the newest or best of quality but you get it , lets see your bikes!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice bikes! Here's mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here's my baby: '03 636

Akro Slip-on
Cobra FI2000 Digital Fuel Processor
AFAM sprocket/RK chain
Vortex Clip-ons
Vortex Adjustable rearsets
Vortex Gas Cap
Vortex Stator cover
Proton Flushies
'06 636 Swingarm and Wheels
ZX-10 front brake conversion
Goodridge Shadow Braided lines
custom cut rear rotor
BMC Race filter
Velo. stacks
airbox diverter removed
KLEEN mod
C-n-R Levers
Toby Steering damper
Harris Mercury Screen

·
Registered
153 Posts
john LegionST :- hey man i like what you did with the bike, hows the fit with the swingarm, any modifications needed? did it effect the handling much ie. make it shorter or longer, also how short did you cut your akra, im looking at picking up the same model on thursday and has a slight dent roughly midway on the pipe, may need to make it a shorty!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Here's my RR. I think these are the sexiest bikes of the Big 4.
Mods:
Rotors
Full Sato titanium exhaust
Magnesium wheels

Not really mods, but...
Puig dB
CA integrated rear
BMC filter

·
Registered
37 Posts
john LegionST :- hey man i like what you did with the bike, hows the fit with the swingarm, any modifications needed? did it effect the handling much ie. make it shorter or longer, also how short did you cut your akra, im looking at picking up the same model on thursday and has a slight dent roughly midway on the pipe, may need to make it a shorty!
Swingarm is close to a straight bolt on, you have to use the spacers, caliper hanger and brakeline from the 05-06. Also, the 03-04 wheels wont fit so you have to have 05-08 wheels (well rear wheel but both if you want them to match). You can use the stock 03-04 shock and linkage.

I dont know what it did for handling cause i didnt ride this 636 with the stock stuff on it, but it is very close to the same and with adjustment you can make it feel/ride how you want. i know that with this setup/my suspension settings that my bike handles extrememly well... right now im dealing with a slight front end push (i have my bike set-up pretty aggressive with the front lowered about 8mm) but i have a few things to try to fight that... next on the list is inserting an additional 3mm of spacer on top of the shock and rasing the forks back up 2-3mm... we'll see how that works

The Akro was cut down 6 inches. You have to drill out all the rivets, completely disassemble the can, cut down the outter skin and the core, then re-assemble and re-rivet... i do it at my shop and charge roughly $100...

hope that helps

·
Registered
264 Posts
Here's my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
ill play

those are my pits in the background. they are my other babies. ha

1 - 20 of 1757 Posts